Where to buy Beyerdynamic DT 880?
Mar 23, 2008 at 11:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

wizia

100+ Head-Fier
I have definitely decided to buy this for gaming and music. There were some on ebay but got sold. Im looking for the 2005 version.

Refering to an amp, some people recommended the Little Dot 3, i found them on audiophile china for $179 which i think its a good price
confused.gif

btw, i live in spain.

Mar 23, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #2 of 9
Sold at a great price at Amazon for 170 Euro.
Amazon.co.uk: Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Edition Headphones: Electronics & Photo

As for an amp, it works well with a good tube amp but i prefer SS with beyers.
I Heard the Aria with mine and a DT880 and it was as if they were seperated in birth
biggrin.gif

I Know the Aria is out of production, but if you have the budget then go for the cantate, if not the Arietta is also great (Some say it is on par with the Aria)

Mar 23, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by yossi126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I believe you're mistaking £ for €.

I would suggest checking these headphones out at Thomann.de's Spanish store.

Mar 23, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #5 of 9
Mar 23, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #6 of 9
Yes, there are lots of places to find the beyers for less money, but keep in mind that there's a good chance of getting nailed with VAT plus other customs charges, which is why I recommend buying from within the EU.

It was nice when Meier-Audio sold headphones, especially for EU customers, but those days are over.

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by yossi126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazon.co.uk: Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Edition Headphones: Electronics & Photo

As for an amp, it works well with a good tube amp but i prefer SS with beyers.
I Heard the Aria with mine and a DT880 and it was as if they were seperated in birth
biggrin.gif

I Know the Aria is out of production, but if you have the budget then go for the cantate, if not the Arietta is also great (Some say it is on par with the Aria)

yep, £170, thats like 220€. Could you link me the Aria? because most links redirect me to Aria Giovanni
tongue.gif
. About Arietta, they look ok, but i heard tubes amp would work better with dt880. I have really no idea, what would be better thinking in the future?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe you're mistaking £ for €.

I would suggest checking these headphones out at Thomann.de's Spanish store.

I know that site, they have good prices but due to the lower dollar its better to buy stuff in the us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by minisvami /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bundle: Beyerdynamic DT 880 (2005 Edition) + CrossRoads MylarOne X3 Earphone
[US$299.00] - Free International Shipping
Shopping with Jaben

That looks a good deal, shipping from usa to europe it's somethink like $50, so i save it. and the earphones i dont really need them but they are pretty
tongue.gif
I emailed them, waiting for an answer... do you guys know any feedback about this site?

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilCox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I purchased a pair of DT 880s from this eBay vendor last month:

NEW BEYERDYNAMIC DT880 DT 880 STEREO HEADPHONES W/ CASE - eBay (item 280210487286 end time Mar-26-08 11:37:21 PDT)

Fast shipping. Was $199 last month though.

i asked him and doesnt ship to europe, shame...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, there are lots of places to find the beyers for less money, but keep in mind that there's a good chance of getting nailed with VAT plus other customs charges, which is why I recommend buying from within the EU.

It was nice when Meier-Audio sold headphones, especially for EU customers, but those days are over.

Im considering ordering them in EU but Thomman adds 20€ (250€ in total) for shipping costs to spain. Jaben's offer is the best atm ($300 - 195€) and I have heard that using USPS is probably the best option to save some money if they send it as a gift.

-------

thanks guys, appreciate it
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #9 of 9
I just ordered my DT 880's at the Guitar Center in California. I saw them on line for 299.00 at B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders. I e-mailed them asking for their best price: "259.00." Then went to Guitar Center and asked them if they could do better. Paid $235.00 for them! I'll get them in a few days because they did not have them in stock. I am very happy with the price. The AKG 701 was $20.00 less but after searching countless threads here at head-fi (thank you guys) decided the DT 880's were what I am looking for. Also just bought the Headsix from Jan Meier (great service!). Will probably buy the Arietta when my wife lets me.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back