Where to buy AD8065AR & BBBUF634U ?
Mar 27, 2009 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

philipbraunstein

New Head-Fier
Hello friends.
I have used a wrong powersupply on my pimeta by mistake and as result the AD8065AR & BBBUF634U isn't working any more.

Where i can buy this ? There are some user here that sell it ? I live in Brazil, so the seller or the shop must shipping to here.

These are the parts that i'm looking for:
http://www.philipbraunstein.com/pimeta/broken_parts.jpg

If someone else wanna see the rest of the pimeta that i bought.

Index of /pimeta

Thanks In Advance for everybody that is reading this.

Mar 28, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #5 of 20
DigiKey says they have 3,307 BUF634P right now, which is the DIP-8 version - $6.08 ea. It's actually easier to install these on the PIMETA (remove the SOIC-8 one on the back, first).

Mar 28, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #7 of 20
The LME49600 is only available in a large SMT power pad package. It would have to be adapted to fit on a PIMETA.

Mar 29, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #11 of 20
1) Use BUF634P if you want to go that route
2) You can use LMH6321 as long as you cut off pin 5 and either remove R11 or cut off pin 2.
3) Skip both of those and make some Sijosae Class-AB buffers, they rule! Cheap to build and sound great. There's even PCBs available for them now (I don't have link handy, but search and you'll find easily enough)

Mar 29, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by philipbraunstein /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BUF634P is compatible with my pimeta instead of this BUF634U ?

Yes. All you need to do is populate the top side with DIP sockets instead of using the SMD pads underneath. This is vastly more flexible, because you can use Brown Dog adapters to roll in these other chips that the guys mention, or you can stack the BUF634's.

In fact, a common thing to do was to stack the buffers by placing one buffer chip on top of the other and soldering the pins together above the point where the bottom chip's pins plug into the socket. Increased performance will result - double the current, etc. Also note that increased battery usage will occur, too, so keep that in mind if the portability and battery life is important to you. Also note that on the PIMETA, it was long ago concluded that stacking the buffers on the Ground channel had little to no effect. So limit stacking to the Left and Right channel buffers if you do this. Course, I've seen people stack three and four BUFs per channel - in those cases use one less for the Ground than what's used for the L and R.

P.S. You would also have to use DIP sockets to use the Sijosae buffers that FallenAngel mentions, anyway.
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #13 of 20
Edit - comment removed by poster.

Mar 29, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. All you need to do is populate the top side with DIP sockets instead of using the SMD pads underneath. This is vastly more flexible, because you can use Brown Dog adapters to roll in these other chips that the guys mention, or you can stack the BUF634's.

Although, Browndogging (Is this a word?) is not recommended for the LMH6321 due to oscillation concerns, given its speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back