where should I buy a MINT?
Feb 7, 2004 at 6:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

electic

100+ Head-Fier
Hi I am in the market for my first amp, a Mint, and I was wondering who makes the best MINT amp. Is it JMT? or Headsave? Please help me out
confused.gif

Feb 8, 2004 at 1:34 AM Post #3 of 7
Go to each of their websites (www.headsave.com, www.jmtaudio.com), send them both an enquiry, stating your equipment and sonic preferences and goals, and see what their recommendations/configurations/prices are and go from there.

Feb 8, 2004 at 4:32 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for the links, but the Headsave one doesn't seem to work. That said, this is nice info and the JMT stuff is really pretty!! It looks like this fellow takes great care and pride in his products - impressive. Not expensive either.

Feb 8, 2004 at 7:58 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Snake
That said, this is nice info and the JMT stuff is really pretty!! It looks like this fellow takes great care and pride in his products - impressive. Not expensive either.

Yes, JMT does produce impressive work. I own one of his "Home" amps (the one pictured on his website, actually), and the workmanship and sound quality are top-notch. JMT is also very forthcoming with information, suggestions, and advice. I've barraged him with various questions, both technical and conversational, and he has always responded quickly and comprehensively.

That being said, Headsave also makes quality products. Although, I haven't dealt with Norm (yet), I've heard nothing but glowing comments about his amps.

So, basically, you can't go wrong with either guy. As sbulack said, contact both of them and get their advice on the amp style that would be best for you.

D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back