Where is the Earmax?
Sep 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #346 of 353
I heard the Pro in a shop years ago and was very impressed so I have finally bought one and am now a very happy Earmax owner as well! It sounds great but I haven´t really figured out where to use it yet, I didn´t really need a new headphone amp but this was one I really wanted. I have taken note of all the tube rolling suggestions for further tweaking but it feels like my headphone quest is finally over - for this week at least.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #352 of 353
Anyone using Earmax (any model, but probably the Silver) with a recent model of IEMs / CIEMs?

Can't really understand why more power is needed to drive more sensitive heaphones (the less headphone impedance = more current required just doesn't compute for me).

Anyway, if you do, what position do you have the volume knob set to for normal listening?

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #353 of 353
earmax se is one of my favourite headphone amp I have used because of it's appearance and size.  The reason why I sell it is that it is not good at dealing with high impedances such as my HD800, but it is fairly good for low impedance ones :) 

I think more users use high impedance headphones in head-fi, and that's why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back