Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Jan 30, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #1,292 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockCity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some people don't want to open their amps because they'll let out the magic smoke. But Phils, or anyone else, shouldn't open their amps if they're not comfortable working with lethal voltages.

Mikhail's amps have bleeder resistors in the power supply section. People should be fine opening them up.

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #1,293 of 1,964
Keep it unplugged overnight. All capacitor storage will drain and your amp will be as innocent as the last 3 people that were interviewed on Larry King this week.

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #1,294 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So now we have a conundrum, Dan.
How do we best use one Black Diamond puck to comic effect?

By saying, "Hey, get the puck outta here, you're no longer needed".

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #1,295 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's leathal voltage waiting inside my amplifier even if I disconnect it?

There are lethal voltages when you get a carpet shock. It's the current that kills.

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #1,297 of 1,964
Mikhail return my email just fine, within 18 hours average. I can get hold of him by phone most of the time. I think that 5% customers that made him look real bad. Don't get me worng, I do have a amp is being built by him has taken too long. I mean well over 6 month! At same time you sould consider all the high end stuffs Mikhail hand made by himself. It is like too many order, and too little help.

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #1,298 of 1,964
Quote:

Total cost of unit with SDS style chassis in above configuration Gun-Metal finish, corner posts: $17,250

Total cost of unit with SDS style chassis in Black finish, accented polished corner posts as you current have: $16,500.

Total cost of unit with SDS style chassis in Polished Black finish: $15,700

Total cost of unit with SDS style chassis in Polished Chrome finish: $17,400

Total cost of unit with SDS style chassis in Polished Gun-Metal Blued finish: $16,900

That is a lot money just for a toy. Mikhail better get on it and ship you amp before mine.

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #1,299 of 1,964
Don't forget about the lying, that part's important too. Telling someone that it's shipped, and then not shipping it for a week. Among many other things. I hope you get your amp, but that doesn't diminish just how wrongly he's treated some people who were very good customers.

Jan 31, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #1,300 of 1,964
Has anyone in 2008, prepaid Mikhail 100% for a $5000 or more custom Amp, received it, and the quality is to their satisfaction?

I don't care what you had to go through to get it. I'm just wondering if he has delivered a custom amp in the last 12 months, when he had no financial incentive to do so because he already had your cash.

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #1,301 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is a lot money just for a toy. Mikhail better get on it and ship you amp before mine.

I have my amp.. it doesnt work and it is like 800 dollars in parts with 100 of those dollars being wall warts and wall wart insides. (The power supply).

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:14 PM Post #1,302 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mikhail return my email just fine, within 18 hours average. I can get hold of him by phone most of the time. I think that 5% customers that made him look real bad. Don't get me wrong, I do have a amp is being built by him has taken too long. I mean well over 6 month! At same time you should consider all the high end stuffs Mikhail hand made by himself. It is like too many order, and too little help.

Ok the 5%
confused_face(1).gif

Mikhail will return my e-mails too.
He did return one phone call this new year 11.00 PM. EST. (I was asleep)
But the statement that only 5 % of his customers make mikhail's business look bad? He makes his business look bad, we are just telling our stories,
that hopefully, will help another fellow head-fi member make his or her own informed decision.

The hi end stuff? Is open for interpretation, did you see the inside of my amp a few pages back! There are no hi end anything in there. In fact there are hardware store crimped on connectors in there! Look in there again Please.

He loves plastic zip ties, they secure half of the components in my amp. The other half of the components are soldered to the zip tied componets.

So let me say this, "Mikhail has no skill as a builder of amps".(designer maybe/builder skilless) Look at his work, it's not just messy. His work is not thought out at all. The solder joints are sloppy and some of my amp componets have no solder
confused_face(1).gif
. Hi-end/quality is not just how it sounds it is through out the entire product. His chassies are nice but he dosen't make or finish them.

He has also always!!! tryed to charge me more for anything he has ever sold me, For example 2 Bendix red label 2C51 tubes he asked $150, I said wow that seems high next email well $125 is as low as I can go. Why not say Mark $125? I asked a fellow headfi member if he had any yep. $70.

This stuff is all true we are not making this stuff up!

I sent Mikhail a batch of hi end NOS tubes for testing Hundreds of dollars worth, I finley asked him did you ever test those tubes I sent you? Makhail said they were all junk!!!! He through them away, I was expecting the tubes to come back to me with some sort of value written on them (88/92) nope he tossed them in the trash for me.

more:..OK, I have never gotten anything that said what options are in my amp, or my MPX3 or my PPX3 I asked Makhail! all I got was, It is the best sounding one I have ever built. I wanted him to say piltron transformer/blackgate/auto biasing/cardis 1/4/jacks/so and so caps/etc.

My original amp that was ordered was a SDS/XLR There is no Super duper anything in my amp. Plus this really pissed me off, There is a switch on the top of my amp. The original purpose was I was going to use the amp as a supra ie. SDS/XLR which I originaly ordered.Then Makhail called me to say he was so happy with the new circuit he invented with the Extreme amp. series and he wanted to build that into my new amp. Makhail said with a switch/ my amp was to become a Extreme XLR also. The first of it's kind.

I call Mikhail and asked what tubes can I use with the supra output section? (Makhail had sent me 4 tubes for the output section of my amp in extreme mode @$100 per, but no tubes for the supra mode) Mikhail said I would never need the supra section because the Extreme curcit sounded so much better!
Makhail also asked for like a 1000.00 more than we originaly agreeded upon.

Then like you have read here before the shipping department wouldl not release my amp. (which was way late)
untill I paid the ballance of the amp!!

Anyway Makhail makes himself look bad. I am just telling my side of the interaction between me and Singlepower.

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #1,303 of 1,964
Thanks for sharing Markmaxx and my sympathies go to you.

At this point to the few who had a good experience, that's great. But that doesn't make anything of what Mikhail has done ok, he's still a scumbag. Its like oh he was an amazing surgeon for everybody I know, it doesn't matter he only chopped off only one person's testicles off by mistake. Its only one person, and tried to lie about it and wouldn't admit to his mistake. Oh yeah he only forgot to put back one person's kidney. Other than that he's still totally awesome, and great. Totally deserves my support and I will hope he doesn't do it again. No people like this deserve to be sued, put out of business. Even if its just 1%, or just one person, they're done, over. Yep not a scumbag...

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #1,304 of 1,964
"I sent Mikhail a batch of hi end NOS tubes for testing Hundreds of dollars worth, I finley asked him did you ever test those tubes I sent you? Makhail said they were all junk!!!! He through them away, I was expecting the tubes to come back to me with some sort of value written on them (88/92) nope he tossed them in the trash for me."

HOLY **** OH MY ****ING GOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back