Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Jan 28, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #1,172 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by brotherlen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why am I angry after seeing the amp photos?

I guess you would feel the same if you bought a Ferrari, opened the bonnet and there was a 2nd hand 1.2 litre Fiat engine inside
frown.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #1,173 of 1,964
Wow.. just wow, after seeing the pictures. I wish the buyers of singlepower all the luck, and really hope for them they get a full refund, and still with that, it must have been (is) a horrible experience.

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:55 AM Post #1,174 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamoru
Just because a couple of people got really bad burgers and fries at Red Robin and got into a pissing match with the manager and vowed to never, ever eat there again doesn't mean that others have had the same experience, does it? I've been there a few times and I might not have been the happiest with the service a time or two, but I've always enjoyed my meal and considered it money well spent. Others might feel the same way.

You are right about the bad burger.
confused_face.gif
But, I liked the other posters analogy, About the ferrari. What would someone have to do to be unwelcome in your eyes? He put cheep Junk parts in a members new $17,000 amp. that he has been waiting for, forever. (I personaly think this is criminal) ""Can we talk about growing some""Then he asked for more money!!!! "What if you paid $17,000 for that burger"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamoru

So if you chose to blacklist...I mean exclude SP from attending simply due to their (Mikhail) not following the guidelines and procedures that were put out, I say Kudos to you. However, if you felt pressured, however slight, from this thread and took the actions you did, I'd say you need to grow a pair.

Mamoru

Pressure? Mikhail IS cheeting people here out of thousands of dollars.

Jan 28, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #1,175 of 1,964
A little off topic but a similar vein, a recent adjudication by the ASA in favor of the consumer vs.

Russ Andrews Accessories Ltd

I am sorry for those that have been robbed by this crook but really do something about it, for your own peace of mind and the security of future consumers of Singlepower. I emailed the guy about an amp last week he got in touch with me the same day with a price list, criminal. Thanks for posting those photos saved me a lot of plane fairs.

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #1,176 of 1,964
Agreed. His post was out completely out of ignorance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foo_me /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dude...read the entire thread before u say something like above.
and if u still feel the same after reading the thread, then guess i can just ignore you.

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #1,178 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still everyone's claimed how great it sounds before they ever looked on the insides.
I guess it's what makes high-end business great(for manufacturers).

I know people keep quoting the pics from 2003, but do any current owners mind taking pics of the insides of some SP tube amps. Considering that this amp seemed to be his first SS amp, maybe that's why it looks liks *****. Curious to know if SPs tube amps are just as ridiculous.... not defending, just curious

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #1,179 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmwwhats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know people keep quoting the pics from 2003, but do any current owners mind taking pics of the insides of some SP tube amps. Considering that this amp seemed to be his first SS amp, maybe that's why it looks liks *****. Curious to know if SPs tube amps are just as ridiculous.... not defending, just curious

There were some...... interesting...... photos of the internals of Elephas' ES-1 earlier in the thread but unfortunately, photobucket isn't playing nice.

There are other photos about the place that I could link to showing questionable workmanship from Singlepower, but the person hosting them likely doesn't want to get involved.

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #1,180 of 1,964
It's fair to say that there have been some amps from singlepower that look great internally, and some that look bad. That people continued to trust and defend mikhail despite the amp wars isn't a failing. What's going on with Mikhail lately isn't the same thing at all. It's a lot closer to fraud.

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #1,181 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are right about the bad burger.
confused_face.gif
But, I liked the other posters analogy, About the ferrari. What would someone have to do to be unwelcome in your eyes? He put cheep Junk parts in a members new $17,000 amp. that he has been waiting for, forever. (I personaly think this is criminal) ""Can we talk about growing some""Then he asked for more money!!!! "What if you paid $17,000 for that burger"

Pressure? Mikhail IS cheeting people here out of thousands of dollars.

I acknowledged in my post that he might have wronged some customers, but that doesn't, in my opinion, negate the countless others who have been happy with his product or service and by eliminating him from the meet, the organizer has negated the possibility of someone who was curious about the SP amp from hearing one for themselves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. His post was out completely out of ignorance.

Ignorant? How so? Because I didn't read the previous 77 pages of posts in their entirety? If that's the reason, you're right, I admit to ignorance.

But I think anyone reading just a few pages here and there can put two and two together and come up with four.

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #1,182 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I think anyone reading just a few pages here and there can put two and two together and come up with four.

Then why did you get five?

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #1,183 of 1,964
The idea that Mikhail/SP should be permitted to show his wares at a meet because after all he hasn't screwed all his customers is one of the dumbest things I've read on HF in a while. The guy has so screwed so many people that he lost the right to use HF or a meet to market his products. Someone actually believes that he should be given a venue to try to secure more customers who may end up with a working amp and some that will not end up with a working amp based upon his latest antics? He has so abused the trust of this community that the fact that anyone would defend his actions at this point and his right to be at a meet is insulting to every member of this community he has abused.

Let's not forget that there will be some that may attend these meets with the idea of confronting Mikhail. It would not be fair to the members or other exhibitors attending if such a confrontation turned ugly.

I don't care if his next product sounds like angels licking my ears, I wouldn't go near it. If someone wants to give him a second chance, I have no problem with that but perhaps we should be sure he is taking care of those that have not been satisfied before we begin that discussion.

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #1,184 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The idea that Mikhail/SP should be permitted to show his wares at a meet because after all he hasn't screwed all his customers is one of the dumbest things I've read on HF in a while. The guy has so screwed so many people that he lost the right to use HF or a meet to market his products. Someone actually believes that he should be given a venue to try to secure more customers who may end up with a working amp and some that will not end up with a working amp based upon his latest antics? He has so abused the trust of this community that the fact that anyone would defend his actions at this point and his right to be at a meet is insulting to every member of this community he has abused.

This is the best summary of my feelings I have read in a long time regarding this issue.

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #1,185 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I acknowledged in my post that he might have wronged some customers, but that doesn't, in my opinion, negate the countless others who have been happy with his product or service and by eliminating him from the meet, the organizer has negated the possibility of someone who was curious about the SP amp from hearing one for themselves.

This is grossly misleading. First, potential customers still have the chance to hear an SP amp, as attendees are free to bring theirs. Mikhail's ban is not a ban on all his products, just a warning to new customers.

Also, I feel it's really "pooh-pooh'ing" a serious problem when you refer to the numerous, high-profile instances of Mikhail delivering broken products, products significantly not as described, shoddy craftsmanship, delays of more than two years, deceptive shipping dates, and general misfeasance. He has more than wronged these customers, and they are more than "some".

Even if the majority of Mikhail's amps are great products, and the majority of his customers are happy, these incidents need to be taken seriously. I don't think prohibiting him from attending meets is untoward, considering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back