Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Jan 26, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #1,066 of 1,964
deadhorse.gif

Jan 26, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #1,068 of 1,964
Well yeah I think I was sort of beating on a dead horse, but I an genuinely interested if other people are having any response from Mikhail's claim to deal with his back orders.

I mean he did say he was only selling items in stock now from someone's email here, and that if you order from his, he ships the items within a week.

And I know I don't have any stake in this thread, probably will not have the finances to deal with this kind of Audio gear for a while. But I do care that so many Head-Fier's who make this community as great as it is been treated in this manner. That's all.

Jan 27, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #1,071 of 1,964
Mikhail flew out and built my new PSU here this weekend. Tweaked the amp section to my complete satisfaction, it is done, sounds great, and I can now consider this deal over. i am going to keep it and enjoy it.

Jan 27, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #1,072 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mikhail flew out and built my new PSU here this weekend. Tweaked the amp section to my complete satisfaction, it is done, sounds great, and I can now consider this deal over. i am going to keep it and enjoy it.

Good to hear he is trying to tie up the loose ends!

Jan 27, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #1,074 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG! Really?!??!

He Flew Out for real? Wow...

Jan 27, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #1,075 of 1,964
Well it showed up well packed and looking great externally, but while unpacking it there was something rattling inside.

I open it up to find a capacitor that I dunno goes where is rolling around inside and there's a wire that is not connected to anything whether that is intentional or not.

There are other concerns as well but I want to talk to Mikhail before talking about them here. Give him a chance to explain.

I am not satisfied with what I have... though frankly I think if I had opened it up before sending it in I probably wouldn't have been satisfied with it before then either.

Jan 27, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #1,077 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it showed up well packed and looking great externally, but while unpacking it there was something rattling inside.

I open it up to find a capacitor that I dunno goes where is rolling around inside and there's a wire that is not connected to anything whether that is intentional or not.
I am not satisfied with what I have... though frankly I think if I had opened it up before sending it in I probably wouldn't have been satisfied with it before then either.

Can you post the pictures here? People deserve to see this.

Jan 27, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #1,078 of 1,964
Okay here is a reproduction of my post from another place.

I didn't really want to post this before he had the chance to explain himself to me, but I really don't see any way he could make this right to me except by handing me some amount of money which I don't see happening:

And here we go!

This was the single box that was contained within the well packed double box:

SS1_boxes_01.png

Look how well packed these things are:

SS1_boxes_02.png

SS1_boxes_03.png

The new umbilicals!

SS1_boxes_04.png

Well I think it looks nice.

SS1_external_01.png

SS1_external_02.png

But uh oh... something is rattling and moving around inside! Could it be the infamous battery upgrade! Which Mikhail told me was something like 1k-1.2k! Something he said he could throw in to me for ~300!

So I open it up.

SS1_external_03.png

And this is when I discover that I might have overpaid a bit.

SS1_internal_ps_01.png

SS1_internal_ps_02.png

Hrm what is this capacitor connected to....

SS1_internal_ps_03.png

Well I guess this is what was rattling inside... practically the least of my worries.

SS1_internal_ps_04.png

What does this wire connect to???

SS1_internal_ps_05.png

And here is the amp section.. build quality seems nicer but potentially very square waveish?

SS1_internal_amp_01.png

SS1_internal_amp_02.png

SS1_internal_amp_03.png

SS1_internal_amp_04.png

SS1_internal_amp_05.png

Well that's that... I am very glad Tom that you are satisfied and that he flew out and made good for you. It looks like my own problems might have entered a new phase. I have on good authority that the amp is essentially a chinese kit + 4x squarewave boards and that power supply.. I think speaks for itself.

I basically bought several squarewaves in fancy chassis that does not work.

Jan 27, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #1,079 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SS1_internal_ps_01.png

That is just not right.....
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back