Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Jul 16, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #316 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure if this matters or not but my local friend also got his 500.00 bucks worth of tubes.

I'm glad that you got in your amp. Just as a side update as well is that I got in touch with Mikhail and when we talked he said that my tubes are going out. I think Mikhail is clearing his backlog. Once again, thanks for the update on your amp and I'm glad it's sounding great. Looking forward to more impressions as well.

Jul 16, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #318 of 1,964
Tom,

Congrats on the splendid news. What amp did you purchase? Any pictures? From your description, it seems that Mikhail continues to reach new sonic levels.

Hopefully, we will all receive our amps soon.

Bill

Jul 18, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #319 of 1,964
Great so 1 amp gets shipped and one set of tubes promised to ship--and this means that Singlepower is clearing their backlog and no doubt changing long held negative business practices--right! Seems like simply a bit of damage control to me.

Jul 18, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #321 of 1,964
I'm very happy to report that my Harmony XLR, ordered in March, arrived this week.

I've been avoiding this forum the last couple weeks because I was busy and depressed about not having my amp. My experience was remarkably similar to what people have reported here, but I'm glad I didn't see the thread until now -- it would only have magnified my anxiety.

After I've had a bit more time with the amp, I'll post impressions in the thread I started on it back in March. I've learned from experience that it's important not to make snap judgments about new gear, and I haven't yet compared it against my other equipment. But preliminary impression: This is one exquisite beast.

Jul 19, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #322 of 1,964
More good news. SP called yesterday evening. My ES-1 is done! It will be shipped early next week so that it will arrive next Saturday when I can be home.

I can't wait to hear it.

Jul 19, 2008 at 1:05 PM Post #323 of 1,964
Kang, and panyncor.
Hope the wait ends up being worth it for you guys. It has for me.

Jul 20, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #324 of 1,964
How many angry people are left? I am seriously curious, because there's a lot of people talking who are not directly affected.

How many people have had their orders filled since this thread started? How many have not?

Jul 20, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #325 of 1,964
I'd also be interested in seeing how many people who were quite scathing in earlier posts who, after receiving their gear, do a complete flip and say they'd order stuff from SinglePower again.

Jul 20, 2008 at 7:07 AM Post #326 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd also be interested in seeing how many people who were quite scathing in earlier posts who, after receiving their gear, do a complete flip and say they'd order stuff from SinglePower again.

I remember looking at the Xin forums and Xin posted saying how he was back and I was expecting people to crazy on him but all I read was "We're so glad you're back!" and "Now I can finally place my order with you!"

Huh?

Jul 20, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #327 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by 928GTS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember looking at the Xin forums and Xin posted saying how he was back and I was expecting people to crazy on him but all I read was "We're so glad you're back!" and "Now I can finally place my order with you!"

Huh?

Yeah...there was a Xin thread, I forget which one, where I made a pretty in-depth and detailed post as to how the whole thing with manufacturers disappearing, and how their clients as a community treat them, as seen be a relative "outsider".

It just boggles me as to how someone can spend thousands of dollars, go months without any contact whatsoever, and become increasingly angry and adamant that they'll never have anything to do with the company again - until their stuff shows up. Then they can't think of enough words to praise the equipment - which, ok, I can understand - but they also seem to completely gloss over the fact that for the past few months, they were close to removing the amp builder's liver with a fork. Not talking any specific members or companies, just the general feeling I get.

It makes me wonder if, at some point in the future, those people will order from the same manufacturer and have the same thing happen.....will they react the same? If so, what would they say if you showed them what they said at the end of their ordeal the last time they ordered something?

Just all those psychology classes I took in college kicking in, I guess.

Jul 20, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #329 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah...there was a Xin thread, I forget which one, where I made a pretty in-depth and detailed post as to how the whole thing with manufacturers disappearing, and how their clients as a community treat them, as seen be a relative "outsider".

It just boggles me as to how someone can spend thousands of dollars, go months without any contact whatsoever, and become increasingly angry and adamant that they'll never have anything to do with the company again - until their stuff shows up. Then they can't think of enough words to praise the equipment - which, ok, I can understand - but they also seem to completely gloss over the fact that for the past few months, they were close to removing the amp builder's liver with a fork. Not talking any specific members or companies, just the general feeling I get.

It makes me wonder if, at some point in the future, those people will order from the same manufacturer and have the same thing happen.....will they react the same? If so, what would they say if you showed them what they said at the end of their ordeal the last time they ordered something?

Just all those psychology classes I took in college kicking in, I guess.

The difference is Mikhail (at the most) might go a few days without replies. Didnt Xin fall off the face of the earth? Also the reason I might do bussiness with Mikhail again, is because of all the products from almost all the headphone and preamp builders here and in the speaker forums. His have once again proved to be the ones i like the most. If I do order again, i will set up some different rules that will have to be met both by Mikhail and myself.

Jul 20, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #330 of 1,964
I'ts realy painfull to see how information and desinformation can so easily cohabit in the same thread. It's a game that even sub-morons can decode easily.

I take comfort in knowing, after all these years reading this kind of threads, one thing: the vast majority of readers, I mean the silent ones, are able to see it for what it is .

Amicalement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back