Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Jun 14, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #121 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah.. you JUST got it right? Enjoy it for a while... play with tube rolling.

Neil

Please let us know how the upgrades sound, when you can tear yourself away from what must be sheer ectasy.

Jun 15, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #122 of 1,964
Well...

<drum roll.......>

<drum roll fades.........>

Nothing.

But Mikhail called me and told me that although, strangely, I received confirmation of an overnight shipment, he wasn't able to make it to the drop off on time.

But he assures me, Monday. He also assured me that it is his best piece of work to date and that nothing he has done so far (although likely not for long) surpasses it.

Again I tell you all - We shall see.

Neil

Jun 15, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #123 of 1,964
Quote:

He also assured me that it is his best piece of work to date and that nothing he has done so far (although likely not for long) surpasses it.

Neil,

If you need help unboxing it, I'm free on Monday
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #124 of 1,964
Quote:

Well...

<drum roll.......>

Nothing.

But Mikhail called me and told me that although, strangely, I received confirmation of an overnight shipment, he wasn't able to make it to the drop off on time.

But he assures me, Monday. He also assured me that it is his best piece of work to date and that nothing he has done so far (although likely not for long) surpasses it.

Neil

Be sure to post pics!

Jeff

Jun 15, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #125 of 1,964
Quote:

Well...

<drum roll.......>

Nothing.

Neil

Neil awesome I hope it exceeds your expectations! As much as I want it at the meet if I were you it would be homebound for a while.

Jun 15, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #126 of 1,964
Quote:

Well...

<drum roll.......>

Nothing.

Neil

Hey, much of the joy is in the anticipation and you are getting a good dose of that . . right? . . . right?. . . yeah right.

I look forward to seeing what you get and your hopefully exuberant jubilance.

Jun 15, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #127 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it seems that it's gotten to the point where you can't buy a new SP amp anymore. you can still buy used. but if something goes wrong, you are then in the same situation as the buying new people - which is, an indefinite yet guaranteed very long wait with little to no communication or updates.

the amp market is really much smaller than people think.

SO what options are there?

SP is swamped and who knows how long their wait time is.

Headamp has a at least a 3 month wait time.

Xin has at least a 9 month wait time. (if he's still alive)

What about RSA? I haven't read anything negative about their wait time.

Or Woo Audio? Their wait time is a very reasonable 6 weeks.

Headroom?

Rudistor?

Eddie Current?

Cayin, Cary, Yamamoto?

Little Dot, Darkvoice?

The market seems pretty large to me.
But I guess when it comes to the highest-end amps and/or electrostatic offerings there are very few options.,

Jun 16, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #129 of 1,964
Quote:

Well...

<drum roll.......>

Nothing.

Neil

Sounds familiar.
frown.gif

I've heard all of those same words many times.

Jun 16, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #130 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by blubliss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds familiar.
frown.gif

Yes, I have as well during my 9 plus months of waiting.

Jun 16, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #131 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by blubliss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds familiar.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I have as well during my 9 plus months of waiting.

I think it's already past the point of being ridiculous and into the realm of dishonesty.

Back in Feb. 2008, I decided to sell my Supra-XLR and ES-1 that were sitting at SinglePower waiting for upgrades. But Mikhail told me that work on the upgrades had been completed and the amps were ready to ship. So I happily sent payment for the upgrades to him.

Now it is June and I'm still waiting. I would sell the amps and go for another brand, but I don't know the condition of the amps or when they could be shipped by SP to a buyer. So I'm stuck in limbo, with no credible info, no amps, and no money. I might be waiting until the end of 2009.

I canceled an order for the RSA Apache in Aug. 2007 in favor of the Supra-XLR. I could have been enjoying listening to balanced headphones and the Apache for nine months already.

Life is too short for this.

Jun 16, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #132 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamwhisper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SO what options are there?

SP is swamped and who knows how long their wait time is.

Headamp has a at least a 3 month wait time.

Xin has at least a 9 month wait time. (if he's still alive)

What about RSA? I haven't read anything negative about their wait time.

Or Woo Audio? Their wait time is a very reasonable 6 weeks.

Headroom?

Rudistor?

Eddie Current?

Cayin, Cary, Yamamoto?

Little Dot, Darkvoice?

The market seems pretty large to me.
But I guess when it comes to the highest-end amps and/or electrostatic offerings there are very few options.,

You can always build your own.

Most suppliers are on the ball and you'll get what you need within a week.

Jun 16, 2008 at 10:46 AM Post #133 of 1,964
Apologies in advance if this analogy is a little crude, but the situations described are criminal. I mean that in the truest sense of the word - why do drug dealers do so well and why will stolen goods always have buyers? Simple - people keep coming back.....the market is there for the taking.

The only way to stop this veritable insanity is to simply stop purchasing...but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Jun 16, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #135 of 1,964
It may just be me, but the pics aren't working??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back