Where is a good place for buying cds online?
Mar 27, 2002 at 4:23 AM Post #17 of 37
half.com
cheap!!
I bought the latest chemical brother's release for 12 dollars shipping included.

Mar 28, 2002 at 10:39 PM Post #19 of 37
I usually buy from www.djangos.com They have good prices on used cds and there are always lots of sales. If they don't have a cd your looking for, they can e-mail you when it gets in.

I once bought 8 used cds for $64 including shipping from them

Mar 30, 2002 at 7:24 AM Post #20 of 37
Thanks for all the replies!!! You guys are great help.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Nov 7, 2002 at 2:37 PM Post #22 of 37
Djangos.com rocks! Lots of good CD's in stock and a lot of 2nd hand stuff too (more than secondspin I think). Free international shipping for orders over $25 (can take a while to get to you though).

Nov 7, 2002 at 5:46 PM Post #23 of 37
Thanks for the AllDirect.com recommendation. Old Jazz CD's seem to be really cheap there... new ones too. They also have free shipping for orders over $50 right now. I went ahead and took advantage of it, even though it will take longer. Most of the stuff I ordered was not in stock, but the website said it they would be available within 2-3 days. I ordered:

Dave Holland Quintet - Not For Nothin'
JJ Johnson - Standards-Live at the Village
Bill Watrous - 'Bone Straight Ahead
Curtis Fuller - South American Cookin
Frank Rosolino - Free For All
Blue Mitchell - Blue Soul

If you haven't already figured it out, each CD has some awesome trombone playing.

Nov 8, 2002 at 10:06 AM Post #24 of 37
I also use Amazon to check out cd's and buy from there if I can't find them anywhere else. I like Half.com and then for the extreme stuff The End records is good. If you want to find indie label stuff I like CDBaby. I also shop at Columbia House every once in a while.

Now I gotta check out those sites you all mentioned that I haven't been to.

Nov 8, 2002 at 12:32 PM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by Nattapong
I started to love this thread. Cool sites I have never know start to pop up. However, there still one question I have in my mind. How about Classical CD? I have trouble finding discount site for classical CD. Say.. Half.com, cheapCds.com, Alldirect.com... can't search them...
anyone has some sites to recommend?

Alldirect.com does have a very large classical music section but can't be searched effectively from their site. The solution is go to Yahoo music, use advanced classical search, and open "wallet" there to order from Alldirect.com, prices are the same and are extremely low for classical CDs. Just ordered the new Abbado/DG
Beethoven symphony 1-9 set there (I have six Beethoven sets now)

Towerrecords.com also has big classical section with excellent search feature, but not as cheap.

Nov 8, 2002 at 4:21 PM Post #26 of 37
I buy most of my new CDs at the J&R retail store. First started shopping there about 20 years ago. Their regular prices aren't bad, and their sales are fanstastic. Once of twice a year the entire jazz and classical stores go on sale. Plus, they support live jazz in the city, and I happen to know that the family that owns the business gives quite a lot of money to charities.

On line, I've bought a number of times from collectors choice ccmusic.com They're not that great for the average new cd, but they've often got great reissues on their own label and import label that you can't find around. They're service has always been great. Sometimes there's a sale and you can get a good price on box sets, including Mosaic.

Nov 9, 2002 at 6:34 AM Post #28 of 37
Anyone know where to get the best prices on the smaller label stuff like DCC and Reference Recordings?

Nov 9, 2002 at 8:38 AM Post #29 of 37
Deep Discount CD looks like a good place...they have free shipping on all their stuff and pretty low prices. I haven't ordered from them before though. Hopefully it's not as slow as Amazon.com's free shipping
rolleyes.gif

Nov 9, 2002 at 8:50 AM Post #30 of 37
Wow, just discovered this thread! Lot of web sites to check out...
biggrin.gif
I haven't been comparing different web sites, I typically buy from bn.com, slightly cheaper than amazon, and free shipping if I buy 2 CDs or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back