Where is a good place for buying cds online?
Nov 9, 2002 at 5:46 PM Post #31 of 37
Go to amazon.ca and pay in Canadian. I beleive they ship free to the U.S. Our dollar is worthless and cd's are cheaper here...

Biggie.

Nov 11, 2002 at 3:37 AM Post #32 of 37
I found that amazon.com is the most convienient way to buy CDs. The price is all right, compared to some of the stores, and plus, they have customer reviews which I sometimes find helpful.

Nov 11, 2002 at 4:12 AM Post #33 of 37
Wow, I just checked out amazon.ca and find their prices are not so friendly. I usually buy cds locally at a store called cdplus.com and their prices are way better. I found a cd (ben fold - live) at amazon.ca for $22.99CDN + $0.99CDN shipping while cdplus.com has it for $16.49CDN + $2.00CDN shipping. So you still saved almost $5.50CDN if you buy from cdplus.com. Their cd selection might not be as big but they sure can save you a lot of money over time.

Anyone know any other online store that's canada based with great prices and relatively cheap shipping?
tongue.gif

edit: I just browsed thru cdplus's website and their online cd list seemed to have grown quite a bit (page layout also changed). I was able to find cds that i couldn't find before (I had to have them specially ordered at my local store). It looks like they are going to be one of my favour online places for the next little while.

Nov 11, 2002 at 4:27 AM Post #34 of 37
I just realize there was a coupon for cdplus.com and you can save up to 15% for paying with your visa. But it expired on oct 31, 2002. DOH...
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
I was ready to make a $150.00 order but didn't because i just ordered a bunch of cds from columbia house. If only I found out about their promotion earlier.
redface.gif

btw, the coupon # is: vs62285, anybody care to give it a try?

Nov 12, 2002 at 2:09 PM Post #36 of 37
I've bought some Amazon used CDs and are fine. Some are labeled Promotional wich I don't like much, but most of them are just plain new with great prices.

Nov 12, 2002 at 2:47 PM Post #37 of 37
Just as an update on the AllDirect.com purchase... I ordered last Thursday morning and my order shipped out yesterday via USPS ground. At least 4 of the CD's I ordered were not in stock. They really mean it when they say 2-3 days in stock. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the postal service to get my stuff to me. Ehhh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back