Where does the $ go?
Nov 1, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #16 of 61
I'd buy more music. What's the point in having a good system when all you are going to listen to are those same few CDs?

Nov 1, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #17 of 61
I've probably spent 10x as much on music compared to gear.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 9:01 AM Post #18 of 61
I must average about $700 a year on kit. It was $2500 in the last two years (thank you, Head-Fi ...) but that's atypical. By contrast, I regularly spend a little under $2000 dollars per year on music, so it isn't close between the two.

Nov 1, 2007 at 1:07 PM Post #19 of 61
I'm actually quite surprised by the stats. I have few regrets in my life and one of them is not buying more CDs (at the right time
wink.gif
). A few months ago I dropped over $700 on CDs in one shot! Initially I was a little apprehensive, but a friend of mine (who is also into audio gear) palmed it off and says he does that quite regularly. ...So much for the status quo.
tongue.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #20 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Jester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have few regrets in my life and one of them is not buying more CDs (at the right time
wink.gif
).

One of the rules by which I live my life is that "you never regret what you buy; you only regret what you didn't buy". It's not always true, but it's true so often that it's worth bearing in mind.

Nov 3, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #30 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone who answered "gear" needs to seek help immediately.

Unless some of us have music archives that we "inherited" or "borrowed".

Or in some instances, just plain old downright downloaded from the internet.

I have some very generous and wonderful family and family friends.
biggrin.gif

This is my shout out to John Hunter, best my sisters godfather ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back