Where do you go for late night food?
Apr 13, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #31 of 72
My kitchen: If I'm up late, I tend to start making things. Last night was a colby jack and portabella omlette. No clue why.

Now as far as drinks, it's a 3 shot cappuccino, or a red eye (cup of coffee + 1-2 shots of espresso). Plain espresso is too hard on the stomach after midnight (and in college all i've got nearby is the starsux, an espresso machine wakes the roommate up
evil_smiley.gif

and starbucks espresso tastes like "burnt armpit" in the eloquent words of my one professor, so some sort of cream is needed to cut through all the soot and ash

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #32 of 72

Quote:
My kitchen: If I'm up late, I tend to start making things. Last night was a colby jack and portabella omlette. No clue why.

Now as far as drinks, it's a 3 shot cappuccino, or a red eye (cup of coffee + 1-2 shots of espresso). Plain espresso is too hard on the stomach after midnight (and in college all i've got nearby is the starsux, an espresso machine wakes the roommate up
evil_smiley.gif

and starbucks espresso tastes like "burnt armpit" in the eloquent words of my one professor, so some sort of cream is needed to cut through all the soot and ash

Good god, that omelette sounds orgasmic. You must not be living in the dorms, otherwise you wouldn't be cooking such awesome food.

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #33 of 72
Wrong! There's a stove in the basement. I brought a pan from home. I stole some portabella mushrooms from the dining hall salad bar, and had a colby jack cheesestick in the fridge. Where there's a will, there's a way!
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #35 of 72

Quote:
Wrong! There's a stove in the basement. I brought a pan from home. I stole some portabella mushrooms from the dining hall salad bar, and had a colby jack cheesestick in the fridge. Where there's a will, there's a way!
bigsmile_face.gif

:xf_eek: You amaze me. You should come to the U. of Minn. and cook for me.

Apr 14, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #36 of 72
Haha, Pa. to Minn. is a bit of a drive for me, but looking at your equipment list, perhaps I should reconsider, depending on compensation
wink_face.gif
. Besides, I have trouble motivating myself to make food for me as it is. Usually it's just Chow Mein noodles and EasyMac unless the mood strikes me especially, or if i'm home and have easy access to good ingredients. I love to cook though, mostly because I love good food, just like I love headphones and audio equipment because I love music. Both of them can get expensive though, perhaps we should envy the ones who prefer ibuds to ultrasone, and ramen and mcdonnalds to fresh herbs and seasonings.
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 14, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #37 of 72
Eating at irregular hours really disturbs my body's rhythm to metabolize, so I eat at very precise hours. Lost 30 lbs on a diet regime just to see what I can do and I have been maintaining that weight for a year now. No way in hell am I gonna eat 2 o'clock in the morning like I used to so I can gain back 30 pounds in a matter of days. Nowadays I go to a local Chinese restaurant w/ a couple of old buddies and chit chat for an hour. Good times.

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #38 of 72
oh man what diet regime i need that its summer soon

Quote:
Eating at irregular hours really disturbs my body's rhythm to metabolize, so I eat at very precise hours. Lost 30 lbs on a diet regime just to see what I can do and I have been maintaining that weight for a year now. No way in hell am I gonna eat 2 o'clock in the morning like I used to so I can gain back 30 pounds in a matter of days. Nowadays I go to a local Chinese restaurant w/ a couple of old buddies and chit chat for an hour. Good times.

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #39 of 72
fryingpan * (Cheesegrater + potato) does not = hashbrown. Lesson learned.

jalepino pepper jack, velveta and colby, with slices of tomato make the most EPIC grilled cheese sandwitch ever though.

Apr 16, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #40 of 72
I'm I'm at work, we have 24/7 food prepared in several camps. Just gotta pick a camp and go for it and your bound to find something meeting your liking.

Home is a different story. The only place really open late at night is Taco Bell or Denny's, so other than those two choices, usually for me, it's a question of rooting around in the kitchen till I find something I like. But like the poster above, late night hunger pangs call for a heavy grilled cheese sandwich with cheese, tomatoes, peppers, oregano, basil and garlic.

Apr 17, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #41 of 72
McD's for burgers, Starbucks/coffee bean for, well, coffee, and a local chinese shop for noodles and dimsum. At home, 711.

Apr 22, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #42 of 72
I go to my cabinet and eat a scoop or two of good quality peanut butter; more people need to discover Peanut Butter & Co.   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GQ3E2S/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=1594740569&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0X9SQZSWEJ7380HTSTDA

And/or without a square of dark chocolate; nothing beats 72%:  http://www.amazon.com/Ghirardelli-Chocolate-Intense-Twilight-Delight/dp/B001S38AK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303500114&sr=8-1

Apr 22, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #43 of 72
I think that I'll just stick with my Jif, TYVM :p

I've found a new place in MPLS to eat late, the Lucky Dragon has great Vietnamese at any hour (on the weekends).

Apr 23, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #44 of 72
How can you people drink caffeine late at night? I have to cut off around noon to get to sleep at night.

I am slightly jealous, though. A cup of coffee would be great at night. But it would keep me up to the early hours. Maybe after I retire. :)

I am out late tonight. I'm thinking about grabbing a few donuts at the 24 hour donut place. I don't need them, but they sound really good right now.

Apr 23, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #45 of 72
I live in Paris, and honestly, we can't find a lot of place to eat something at 2AM. But few restaurant are open all night long, and by few I mean I know only 2 or 3 for sure. Even MacDonald's are for most of them closed between 2 and 5 AM... So it's my kitchen to where I go (when there is still food in there ^^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back