Where do you get your headphone stand?
Apr 20, 2004 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

azian

New Head-Fier
I'm curious as to where do you guys get your stands for your headphones. I was looking for something simple like one of those banana stand so I could hang my coming A500's on. Also how much are they? Also any pictures would be nice. Thanks

Apr 20, 2004 at 3:13 PM Post #2 of 28
I have a couple of full size glass heads where the Senn's and Sony's reside. The others just sit on a shelf upstairs.

I have seen the banana hangers at Linens and Things for about $10 each IIRC.

Apr 20, 2004 at 4:13 PM Post #4 of 28
Try Linens 'N Things. I've found they carry both the chrome banana stand that shows up so often in pictures here and the standing towel rack that I like for A900 & Stax.

They have a web site.

BW

Apr 20, 2004 at 4:35 PM Post #6 of 28
After all the banana stand threads (and let me tell you now, the US is probably the only country in the world that such a thing could be marketed
biggrin.gif
) I finally picked up a stainless steel kitchen roll stand, which with a little addition of some black rubber foam has turned into THE perfect stand for my HD 650s....
Thanks to whoever first came up with that banana stand idea!
biggrin.gif

I'll post a couple of picks soon.

Apr 20, 2004 at 5:51 PM Post #7 of 28
I got my banana stand at SuKasa in Quito, Ecuador for about $7. Great buy and I use it to hang the Omega II when not in use.

Apr 20, 2004 at 6:21 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
I got my banana stand at SuKasa in Quito, Ecuador for about $7. Great buy and I use it to hang the Omega II when not in use.

You found one in Ecuador and I can't find one in Spain?!!!!
eek.gif
That's typical! LOL! I asked several Spaniards and they told me not to ask anymore as people would just think I was mental...he!he!..as if they already don't
rolleyes.gif

Apr 20, 2004 at 7:15 PM Post #9 of 28
I went to a local department store, and they had a banana stand..

Only it was in the shape of a miniature hammock. Not exactly what I was looking for.

Of course Linen N'Things is aware there are other counrties to ship to in the world, most US online stores aren't, so I had mom (back in the US) get it for me. Once I get I'll update my pictures and re-do my website.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2004 at 7:22 PM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
You found one in Ecuador and I can't find one in Spain?!!!!
eek.gif
That's typical! LOL! I asked several Spaniards and they told me not to ask anymore as people would just think I was mental...he!he!..as if they already don't
rolleyes.gif

Bummer man. It is hit and miss everywhere outside the US, and if I didn't buy the one I got I might never find another. I think mine was labeled a grape hanger and not a banana hanger, so maybe ask around for one of those.

Apr 20, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #11 of 28
I just got a wooden mug rack from value village for $1 CDN... then spend ~$5 CDN at Wallmart getting sand paper, elmers glue and some nice 'amaretto' stain... I'll post a pic once it is done
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2004 at 8:37 PM Post #12 of 28
I remember when I was young and used to be a keen swimmer...... for some crazy reason I used to carry my towel on an erect "****" (don't ask!) this thread brought those memories flooding back
blink.gif

It's not a conventional headphone hanger but it puts the "P" into personal and you can carry your head phones around with you.

Apr 21, 2004 at 12:38 AM Post #14 of 28
got mine from LAT as well, with my hook mod
DSC03825.jpg

cant find my thread right now, will add link when the search comes back on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back