Where do you get your headphone stand?
Apr 21, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
I just got a wooden mug rack from value village for $1 CDN... then spend ~$5 CDN at Wallmart getting sand paper, elmers glue and some nice 'amaretto' stain... I'll post a pic once it is done
smily_headphones1.gif

I got a wooden mug rack too and i got a little bit of stuff from walmart as well to enlarge the holders and sand papar , flat black paint .

it houses 2 headphones.

Apr 21, 2004 at 7:14 AM Post #18 of 28
Right now I'm trying to decide between the banana hanger from LAT and possibly getting a bust, replacing the eyes with sound-sensitive LED's and putting the cans on that (this idea was mentioned in another thread some time ago), but I don't have the equipment for the latter option, so I'll probably stick with the banana hanger...for now
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2004 at 7:20 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
Bummer man. It is hit and miss everywhere outside the US, and if I didn't buy the one I got I might never find another. I think mine was labeled a grape hanger and not a banana hanger, so maybe ask around for one of those.

LOL! Doug, you're just leading me on
biggrin.gif
If I now go round our neighbourhood asking for a "grape stand" instead they'll have me committed
biggrin.gif

Pics of my stand coming later.

Apr 21, 2004 at 12:51 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by azian
Those pictures sure look good. Thanks for the info I think I will pick one up at Linen's and Things.

Just be prepared for the shipping/ handling charges.
$9.99=banana stand $7=shipping, absurd.
I ordered one but haven't received it yet and am obviously still grumbling about that shipping. It's not the $7 so much as paying 70% of a products price just to transport it. That thing cant weigh much. Oh well.
CPW

Apr 21, 2004 at 12:56 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
Just be prepared for the shipping/ handling charges.
$9.99=banana stand $7=shipping, absurd.
I ordered one but haven't received it yet and am obviously still grumbling about that shipping. It's not the $7 so much as paying 70% of a products price just to transport it. That thing cant weigh much. Oh well.
CPW

That does seem a litle OTT for domestic shipping. I could get one sent to Spain from the US for that, if standard postal charges applied, which in this case they obviously don't...
eek.gif

Glad I adapted the kitchen roll holder, instead
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2004 at 4:26 AM Post #25 of 28
i picked mine up from the local walmart for a measly 3.88
smily_headphones1.gif
great deal and looks exactly like the LNT ones.
hpstand2.jpg

Apr 22, 2004 at 5:05 AM Post #27 of 28
Looks like the only difference is that the Walmart one doesn't have full spherical top and a circular hook instead of just a bend hook. Wished my local Walmart carried it when I was looking for it.

Apr 22, 2004 at 5:18 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by azian
Oh wow thats a good deal and it does look just like the one from LNT. Hey bubbers214 were there a lot of them?

They had like 4 at the store that I was looking at, and that store was a fairly small store (read not a super walmart, as all walmarts are HUGE), it took me a while to find it in the store, so ill tell you its in the kitchen accessories area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back