Where Do You Get Album Artwork
Mar 5, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #18 of 34
I've given up on amazon. They were mediocre to begin with, now many if not all have been coded to have a large white boarder around them. The time spent cropping in photoshop is better spent scanning my own cover art from the original disc, imo.

So now I scan.
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've given up on amazon. They were mediocre to begin with, now many if not all have been coded to have a large white boarder around them. The time spent cropping in photoshop is better spent scanning my own cover art from the original disc, imo.

So now I scan.
biggrin.gif

That's what's leading me to scanning; I'm a huge punk fan, and nearly every compilation I get isn't on iTunes at all, and the ones that are on Amazon have that ridiculous white border.

Mar 6, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by FarFromCentre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious on where you guys get your album artwork for your CD's, I get mine at buy.com, which is normally 500 x 500 pixels. Anybody know a better place perhaps? I can't really scan mine as my scanner is pretty bad and everything it scans looks grainy.

Most of the places mentioned,the artwork they have is too low res for me.

I scan it myself when I have the chance,I bought a Canon scanner on sale for 49 Cdn.

Mar 6, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #24 of 34
I like this thread. Finding art has been a royal pain for me. My first try is always iTunes. Sometimes, iTunes doesn't work, even when it has the album. I then go to AMG and look at the sites it lists that have the CD for sale and pick the best of those. If that doesn't work, I search the internet or scan. I'm going to try some of the suggestions mentioned here. I have a few CDs I've never found artwork for and I haven't scanned yet.

Mar 7, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by in_utero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what's leading me to scanning; I'm a huge punk fan, and nearly every compilation I get isn't on iTunes at all, and the ones that are on Amazon have that ridiculous white border.

So how do you tell iTunes to use the artwork you have saved? For some reason even though I have all the album art for all of my CD's, iTunes won't use it.

Mar 7, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathisia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So how do you tell iTunes to use the artwork you have saved? For some reason even though I have all the album art for all of my CD's, iTunes won't use it.

I do get info and paste the art work into the files.

So far, for my long out of print discs, I'm not having luck with the suggestions on this thread. Even for some stuff that's only been out of print for a few years.
frown.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #29 of 34
I scan it from my real cd cover, lol.

As for mp3 I bought, I google it and find the largest image, if that don't work I try cdcovers.cc. When you use your software to update your mp3 tags, it can also receive image from the free online database.

Itunes album art? lol. is that like 150x150? It should be made manditory that they include higher res image in embeded in the mp3 or something.

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinus1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i don't have to get the artwork. it comes free with CDs and records. Imagine!

I'm surprised no one has complained about your avvy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back