Where Do You Get Album Artwork
Mar 4, 2008 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

FarFromCentre

Head-Fier
Just curious on where you guys get your album artwork for your CD's, I get mine at buy.com, which is normally 500 x 500 pixels. Anybody know a better place perhaps? I can't really scan mine as my scanner is pretty bad and everything it scans looks grainy.

Mar 5, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #6 of 34
Unfortunately, amazon's images are always grainy, can that program listed above get the images from buy.com automatically? I remember that online thing that could grab artwork from iTunes, but it doesn't work anymore, I wonder if thats been hacked again?

Mar 5, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #7 of 34
wikipedia has lots of stuff,otherwise amazon or cdbaby etc..

Mar 5, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #12 of 34
Altavista and Google Image.

Mar 5, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by FarFromCentre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately, amazon's images are always grainy, can that program listed above get the images from buy.com automatically? I remember that online thing that could grab artwork from iTunes, but it doesn't work anymore, I wonder if thats been hacked again?

If you have your songs in iTunes, now you can just hit right click--> "Get Album Artwork".

The one depressing thing is several big-name artists (i.e. The Beatles) who aren't available on iTunes means you'll still have to find some covers yourself. And it's pretty useless for compilations as well.

One weekend, I'm just going to scan the CD covers from my own collection so they'll all be high-quality and actually fit...

Mar 5, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #14 of 34
For the ones not uploaded on iTunes, I look for good user uploaded images on Amazon or the above mentioned google image and wikipedia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back