Where do you buy your headphones?
Sep 25, 2009 at 2:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Specialzed

Head-Fier
I need an online retailer that will ship to Canada. Where do you buy your headphones online? I think I heard of a store on here called J and H somthing or other, does anyone know what its called?

Sep 25, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #5 of 17
I just went to Amazon for my headphones. I think through Amazon my AKG K701 came from J&R

Sep 25, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #6 of 17
J&R is a reputable seller. IIRC, I bought my HD-650 from them a few years back.

Today, however, I try to buy used from the For Sale Forum. Always the bes deals and the members here are terrific. If I have to buy new, I usually visit HeadRoom or TTVJ. They're both outstanding.

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #8 of 17
Depending on which headphones I'm buying, I've bought used (K340s) and new (K1000. yes, it was awhile ago) on ebay, though I'm doubtful that I'll purchase through there again due to risk. I've bought quite a few pairs from here and from another audio site. I've also bought from local head-fiers, and have purchased from headroom, ttvj, audiocubes and bluetin. I've been lucky and have only had good experiences.

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #9 of 17
I've bought most of my cans here - good prices and you can't beat Head-Fiers for dependability and professionalism.

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #10 of 17
I've recently bought 2 pairs of HD650s from J&R... they had the best price I could find new, $325 shipped. No complaints, fast shipping/communication and they both were packed very well...

There seems to be more and more online retailers everyday that stock higher end audio; I often question their legitimacy (seems to be quite a bit of shadiness going on with retailers based out of Brooklyn, NY
confused.gif
) and I would recommend to only buy from authorized online dealers if possible...

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Effusion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would recommend to only buy from authorized online dealers if possible...

I completely agree with this. There have been far too many reports of fakes and problems, especially on ebay and even amazon, with people looking to save a few dollars and getting taken. If the price is too good to be true.....

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I completely agree with this. There have been far too many reports of fakes and problems, especially on ebay and even amazon, with people looking to save a few dollars and getting taken. If the price is too good to be true.....

Too true... esp. with speakers; serials scratched off, drivers switched, etc. I recently ran into a few stores carrying some "too good to be true" and after doing a simple search on the store's name, I ran into a huge amount of upset customers all with pretty extreme accusations... recently, I've also have my doubts concerning many retailers on Amazon's Marketplace.

If you are looking for used, probably best to buy off sites such as this and others, from members with ratings/status. Many audio fanatics can become quite bored quickly and taking good care of your equipment as well as being honest creates a great "equipment swap" market.
wink_face.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #14 of 17
All over the place, depending on what I am looking to buy.
eBay.com, eBay.de, eBay.nl, PriceJapan, Audio Cubes II, fellow Head-Fi'ers, local dealers, ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back