Where Do i get Flac Files?
Feb 15, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #2 of 36
hard to download flac files..legally and ill leave it at that. i wouldnt bother converting mp3 to flac since that would most likely degrade the file even more. once you have mp3 you lose quality compared to flac and theres just no way to get it back from the mp3 file

the best way is to get a cd and rip it to flac which is what i do for my flac files. it may end up being costly in the end but no one ever said this was a cheap hobby ;p

Feb 15, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #4 of 36
converting 198k mp3s into flacs is frankly pointless as that's going to be the exact same quality.

Most of us I assume rip Flac using EAC or something like that.

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #7 of 36
I recommend just buying used cds for cheap and just rip them using EAC, there isn't really a way to purchase lossless music through any service, so your best bet is just ripping them from cds.

Feb 15, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #8 of 36
+1 for used CDs. In most cases it's cheaper to buy used from Amazon (or Ebay) than a 128/256kb d/load. Choose a seller in your state for fast shipping (I get most within 2 days) and rip to your preferred lossless format.

Feb 15, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by swayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I rip my CD's to flac files and I've bought online.

Try these:

Hyperion Records

Linn Records

and Passionato before they went offline.

This. It's either that or pirating which we don't recommend of course. There are no flac file online stores as far as I'm concerned.

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #11 of 36
Well several of the mentioned places like Linn are certainly online flac stores and their quality is excelent but the prices are high

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #12 of 36
+2 on used CDs. I used to just get mp3's online, but after discovering this website and switching to lossless, I've been getting some used CDs off Amazon. Always nice to have a hard copy of your favorite albums
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #15 of 36
I get my flac files from ripped cd's that i get from stores, friends, family...and also there is a forum to share flac's, but not shure if thats legal stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back