* Where do I find Stranded Silver wire (NOT SPC)?)
Dec 18, 2009 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

4sound

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know of a source for Stranded Silver wire (24-26awg) in clear jacket? Not solid core silver wire.

I'm not interested in silver plated copper. I know and have used Navships already.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 18, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mugdecoffee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio Catalog

The first product is shielded and sleeved stranded silver cable. Not sure of the gauge though and it apparently only comes in 5.5 foot lengths.

That's armtone wire and it's ridiculously tiny.

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Audio Catalog

The first product is shielded and sleeved stranded silver cable. Not sure of the gauge though and it apparently only comes in 5.5 foot lengths.

Try this one: SPC-V4-silver 4 wires of stranded silver, pretty thick gauge if I am translating properly. $12 a foot isn't so bad considering you get 4 strands. $3 a foot for stranded silver, isn't fancy occ, though. No idea what shipping would be, but it looks like practically the only option since Cryoparts doesn't sell their stranded wire.

Dec 18, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Silver plated copper
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f70/al...re-dyi-374759/

Stranded silver:
CryoParts Stranded Silver Hook Up Wire

And if you had bothered to search, you would have found this 1 year old thread on the same subject:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/loo...r-wire-365955/

Thanks Pars.

I did see the 1 year old post and there were a lot of references to solid core silver wire (which isn't what I'm asking for).

ALO SXC is silver plated copper which I originally stated, I don't want.

As for Cryoparts; they don't sell it for DIY.

Dec 18, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Audio Catalog

Thanks mugdecoffee, i think this is what I'm looking for, does anyone know the AWG of this one or has anyone used this wire & have experience with it for comment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back