where did you purchase your Shure E500PTHs?
Jul 26, 2007 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

gnychis

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase Shure E500PTHs, but I was wondering where most people bought theirs and at what price. On the Shure site, they have authorized etailers to be:

ECost - $280 - OUT OF STOCK
Amazon - $350
EarPhoneSolutions - $499 (What)
Apple - $499 (also What)

There are a couple on ebay for $350 also, but I'm not sure how warranties go with Shure products off of ebay.

Does anyone else know where to purchase them from, or any other route where they might be less expensive but maintain warranty?

Thanks!
George

Jul 26, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #2 of 20
Shure are fine with ebay purchases.
other members have stated this.
you dont actually need a proof of purchase to return if naything goes wrong.
I've just ordered a pair off there myself & i wish they'd turn up already!

Jul 26, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 20
I wondered about the warranty with eBay purchases too - on the earphonesolutions site, it states that Shure will only honour warranties if they were bought from an authorised dealer, is that incorrect then? I wish Shure made it clearer

Jul 26, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #4 of 20
From that guy on ebay that had a couple of bunches for sale $280 shipped.

Jul 26, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #5 of 20
I previously had two shure IEMs e3c, e4c both from ebay. Both were serviced without a problem. Everytime I sent one they sent me a brand new model. So, no worry there. However, if you're buying from ebay, make sure they are not b-stock items. I think I got b-stock items both of those times. I've learned my lesson and this time I purchased from compuplus.com which I have dealt before. I think they have the best price on pretty much anything. E500PTH now goes at $299.00. Can't beat that.

Jul 27, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 20
i own the se530,make sure this is the model you get because its exactly the same as e500 but cheaper and with improved tips,shure still sells the e500 at a higher cost but this is bizzare,anyway i got mine of amazon.co.uk by a seller called meenaxi,i got them with next day delivery which was impressive and they are simply the best,very good choice,many will say the cables are split prone and so on,but the way i see it is that cables are cables,earpeices are earpieces,its the 2 year shure warranty that counts,its fab,for what its worth my shures have neva had any problems and can cope with anything,but i would not test sitting on them,thats too scary

Jul 27, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #7 of 20
Just thought I'd throw in my voice to the Ebay crowd. I got my E500's awhile back from an Ebay dealer. They broke after about 6 months from hard wear 'n tear, Shure had me a new set within a week. They simply read the serial on the plug to gauge your warranty period. In fact, I think you can read that for yourself off the Shure Support section of their website.

Jul 27, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #8 of 20
Todd the Vinyl Junkie.

He is the best, supports this forum, supports the audiophile community with innovative products, and he matches prices.

Jul 27, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just thought I'd throw in my voice to the Ebay crowd. I got my E500's awhile back from an Ebay dealer. They broke after about 6 months from hard wear 'n tear, Shure had me a new set within a week. They simply read the serial on the plug to gauge your warranty period. In fact, I think you can read that for yourself off the Shure Support section of their website.

im sure you aswell will agree these earphones are amazing,and shures customer service is superb,its a shame to hear a fair few shures breaking but that warranty is solid and shure sticks by it and when these are in one peice they are great that warranty saves them everytime

Jul 27, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonner1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Todd the Vinyl Junkie.

He is the best, supports this forum, supports the audiophile community with innovative products, and he matches prices.

interesting... i'll shoot him an e-mail to see if he will match the $280 ECost price. Otherwise, the compuplus suggestion was good, they're $299 there which is still $50 cheaper than amazon.

thanks for all the responses! any other suggestions?

Jul 27, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i own the se530,make sure this is the model you get because its exactly the same as e500 but cheaper and with improved tips,shure still sells the e500 at a higher cost but this is bizzare,anyway i got mine of amazon.co.uk by a seller called meenaxi,i got them with next day delivery which was impressive and they are simply the best,very good choice,many will say the cables are split prone and so on,but the way i see it is that cables are cables,earpeices are earpieces,its the 2 year shure warranty that counts,its fab,for what its worth my shures have neva had any problems and can cope with anything,but i would not test sitting on them,thats too scary

I've also never heard or read anything about the se530s. Is this true? Every post I've read throughout the forums have been about the E500PTHs.

Also, it seems as though they're ~$200 more expensive

Jul 27, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by gnychis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure how warranties go with Shure products off of ebay.

From Shure's website (click the link: Is my warranty valid if I purchase from a reseller that is not a Shure Authorized Dealer? under Related Answers at the bottom):

Quote:

Question
Is my warranty valid if I purchase earphones from a reseller that is not a Shure Authorized Dealer?
Answer
The warranty is Shure's guarantee that the product will meet our standards of quality and performance. The warranty applies to items that are purchased new in factory-sealed packaging regardless of the seller. Shure strives to form relationships with resellers who will provide the best service and value to customers who buy our products. Authorized Dealers receive only inventory that is new, in factory-sealed packaging, with all accessories, documentation, and full factory warranty. Authorized Dealers receive extensive factory support, and they are the first to receive shipments when new products are introduced. Non-authorized resellers do not have any direct business relationship with Shure. Shure cannot guarantee the authenticity or condition of the items they stock, and we have no ability to intervene on the customer's behalf if necessary.

I italicized the significant part.

If you dig around in their Q&A area, you will also find info on what happens if you don't have a receipt. Basically, in that case, they go by the date stamped on the plug to determine warranty coverage.

To answer the original question: got mine off eBay at $280 shipped.
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back