Where could i get heaphone speakers???
May 29, 2012 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DrakoxProigy

New Head-Fier
i've been looking for a decent pair of heaphone speakers that will produce some good base and a good sound overall. reason being i wanna make my own pair of headphones and i can't seem to find the speakers sold by themselves...any help/suggestions? any help would be great :D!

May 29, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #2 of 8
There aren't many companies that sell the speakers (in headphones they're referred to as "drivers") by themselves, so you'll have to seach. I can think of none that sell very bassy drivers on their own, but with some modification you could perhaps get some more bass depth out of a regular driver.

May 29, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Google grado magnums, AFAIK you can get the drivers themselves.

The Symphones Magnum upgrade drivers are probably way out of the price range the OP was thinking, and aren't really all that bassy. They're billed as a reference, an improvement on the famed overall Grado/Alessandro sound.

OP, you may have more success posting this same question in the DIY projects thread (just change the word speakers to drivers, perhaps). There is a company that sells orthodynamic drivers, but I can't recall the name of it at the moment and can't remember being able to find a good supply chain to the US the last time I looked them up. Still, it's worth a try to ask about on the DIY forum, especially since a few of the members on there may just have some bassy drivers from former projects of theirs lying around. I scored quite a few free pieces when I was just starting DIY projects a year or so ago from other Head-Fiers.

May 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #6 of 8
Oops, I skipped over the part where he wanted good bass. Drako: Pick up a pair of Panasonic RP-HTF600-S's for like 30 bucks. Remove the drivers and use them to build whatever you want. That model has excellent, large, bassy drivers which are also used in $200 Technics headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back