Where can one find a decent 1/4" to 1/8" audio plug?
Jun 4, 2006 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 8
You can find a couple of them at Active Surplus on Queens St. in Toronto. I know that they sell one that looks exactly the Sennheiser 1/4 to 1/8 adapter (Connectors look exactly the same too) for $5-6 but it's 6 feet long instead of a few inches. You can also get a cheap connector for like $1.25 at Supremelectronics on College Street.

I'd personally get that Adaptor at Active Surplus as it looks like it has the same build quality as the sennheiser adapter and it works great as an extension cable.

Jun 6, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #5 of 8
will there be a difference if i get a cheap one at ratshack rather than a nice, grado one?

i'm only going to be running a pair of ms2 out of a pa2v2 with stock interconnect to my ipod's headphone jack

Jun 7, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenslug
You can find a couple of them at Active Surplus on Queens St. in Toronto. I know that they sell one that looks exactly the Sennheiser 1/4 to 1/8 adapter (Connectors look exactly the same too) for $5-6 but it's 6 feet long instead of a few inches. You can also get a cheap connector for like $1.25 at Supremelectronics on College Street.

I'd personally get that Adaptor at Active Surplus as it looks like it has the same build quality as the sennheiser adapter and it works great as an extension cable.

Thanks!
Ill check out active surplus.

Jun 7, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

will there be a difference if i get a cheap one at ratshack rather than a nice, grado one?

i'm only going to be running a pair of ms2 out of a pa2v2 with stock interconnect to my ipod's headphone jack

Probably not, but then again it depends what quality the music is and how much your mind affects what you listen to. I've had a few Radio Shack type 1/4" adapters literally fall apart coming out of a jack...not fun to say the least.

Jun 9, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #8 of 8
At the risk of looking like a Wyvern shill, I will add that Wyvern audio also made a prototype adapter for me and it is very, very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back