Where Can I download higher bit rate songs w/o DRM
Mar 23, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #16 of 21
I stumbled across a site that I haven't download from yet, Classic Music Mobile. They sell 192 kbps MP3s of classical music for 1€ per work, what ever the duration. So Chopin's minute waltz is 1€ and a 3 hour long Wagner opera is 1€.

It's all music that is out of copyright, so at least 50 years old.

I'll eventually buy something from it, but I've bought a lot of CDs and boxed sets recently, so it will be a few weeks at least.

Mar 24, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #17 of 21
buy CDs or take songs from Amazon (+1 me too
wink.gif
)

When you legally download music from services such as iTunes and Musicmatch Jukebox, the files are protected by Digital Rights Management (DRM). This prevents you from playing the music on unsupported players. I use MelodyCan software (MelodyCan: Convert Any Purchased or Copied Audio and Video Files, Audio CD Ripper, YouTube Ripper Plug-in) to remove protection. But remember distributing these files is illegal.

Mar 24, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #18 of 21
waffles.fm and what.cd are supposed to be good but I don't know anything about the legality of those sites.

Mar 24, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Serratus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just saw on Stereophile that Chesky Records is launching a high-rez download store: HDTracks

That looks great AIIF or FLAC and a lot of small labels. $1.49 a track. The one album I looked at is $11.98 for the album.

Edit: Quote:

HDtracks 96/24 FLAC files will be available for download soon.

Edit: Continuing to look at the site. Anyone know what HP McCoy Tyner is wearing in this pic.

McCoy_Tyner_Quartet.jpg

Edit: The more I look at that site, the more expensive it looks to me. They have some fantastic music

Apr 10, 2008 at 10:21 AM Post #21 of 21
It's a shame HDTracks doesn't work for us non-US people. I have given Linn Records some business before (both CD and Master quality).

Thanks for the other recommendations. Gimell Records, HDTT and iTrax have a great selection of lossless/HD music. I wish DG would do the same
frown.gif

Another relatively unknown source is The Philadelphia Orchestra Online Music Store. Not everything can be downloaded though but it is still worth a look.

There's also this one Eagles Album:
Shop the Eagles Official StoreÂ*|Â*MusicÂ*Â*|Â*Long Road Out Of Eden Digital Download

Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edit: Continuing to look at the site. Anyone know what HP McCoy Tyner is wearing in this pic.

McCoy_Tyner_Quartet.jpg

I wonder how the Stax mafia managed to miss this. He's wearing a pair of Stax SR-Lambda ~ . Can't quite tell exactly which model it is though.

There was a short thread (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/mcc...ording-116862/) about this, but it was wrongly identified as a pair of SR-404.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back