Where can I buy quality, reasonably-priced line out cables?
Jun 11, 2008 at 5:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Spunky8

Head-Fier
I'm looking for a line out cable from an iPod to an RCA-plugged amp. Some sources charge an arm and a leg for these cables. Can anyone please suggest a source that provides such cables at a reasonable price? Thanks.

Jun 11, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #3 of 25
In the $100 range for a two foot cable would be great. I've seen them for prices approaching $300---that seems a lot for what you get. Why are these things so expensive? Thanks.

Jun 11, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunky8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the $100 range for a two foot cable would be great. I've seen them for prices approaching $300---that seems a lot for what you get. Why are these things so expensive? Thanks.

Because good cables cost money! Good plugs alone will set you back easally 60-100 dollars, let alone good cores.

Jun 11, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #8 of 25
By the way: I'm not looking for line-out from the Ipod headphone jack; rather, I'm looking for line out from the Ipod's other jack---I don't know what that's called. Thanks.

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by mriguy2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd recommend taking a look/listen to the cables from "Signal Cable". They offer the best price/performance ratio I know of. Check them out at Signal Cable and give them a call to discuss your situation.

I had no plan to upgrade my cables, but those prices sure are tempting.

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #10 of 25
Just trying to help Spanky8.
tongue.gif
You're going to have to use your illusion because there is a very serious gap of information concerning this. I'm very compelled by it. If I could make you one myself I would.

Just For Fun (scan to bottom).

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #12 of 25
What I'm saying to you is that it is very easy to be misinformed, there is no real reference. Cables are an art. Like the guy said ..... it takes skill, craftsmanship, and good ingredients. Essentially any artist is a master craftsman, they will tell you that themselves. It's no different than any other field.

I've done, what I would consider, some fairly complex multi-pin assignments. I don't take anything for granted. There is so much innovation coming through this website, my only intention is to make a contribution in return for what I have gained here. I have no other interest.

cool.gif
+ k

Jun 12, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #14 of 25
Soloz Audio

Microshar.com

I dont have one from MicroShar but I do have some cables from Soloz and I can tell you he will build you a VERY nice cable. Copper will sound warmer and full and Silver will have more clairity and detail, thats the general concensus and my own experience with his cables. Get the cable with a higher number of conductors as well. E-mail the guy, he will explain it all to you.

Jun 12, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonFreeman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soloz Audio

Microshar.com

I dont have one from MicroShar but I do have some cables from Soloz and I can tell you he will build you a VERY nice cable. Copper will sound warmer and full and Silver will have more clairity and detail, thats the general concensus and my own experience with his cables. Get the cable with a higher number of conductors as well. E-mail the guy, he will explain it all to you.

Same problems with those two. MS is ~$200 and the other is just LODs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back