Where can I buy Audio technica AD700 in NYC?
Dec 27, 2009 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bonehelm

New Head-Fier
Hi there, im new to Head-fi.

I'm a student from Canada, currently on a trip to NYC, and I want to buy the Audio technica AD700 (open cans) headphones, since my hometown doesn't have any hi-fi stores (small city). I will leave US on the 2nd, so I must act quickly!!! I went to J&R computer world on park row today, but they said the cans were out of stock and it'll take them 2-3 weeks to restock, time which I don't have
redface.gif
. Will any of you experienced audiophiles and headphone lovers suggest me some other places to look for these cans? Thanks a lot guys!!
o2smile.gif
beerchug.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #2 of 7
You might wanna try B&H Photo Video (they're closed on Saturdays), other than that, try walking into those random digital camera places, but get ready to haggle. They always list everything high with the assumption that you're going to try and bargin with them.

Dec 27, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #3 of 7
thanks for your respose roker, i checked the B&H website, and they do have audio technica cans, but not the model (AD700) im looking for
redface.gif

any "digital camera places" in specific that would have a chance of carrying them? thanks anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #4 of 7
AudioCubes, aka AC Gears, sells nearly every AT model, and they often have the AD700 in stock. They are in the Village.

==================

Call AC
Monday through Friday (holidays excluded).

1-888-xLOVE-AC
(1-888-956-8322)
11am to 5pm EST.

AC Gears
69 East 8th Street (between 8th Street and Broadway)
New York City, NY 10003

==================

AudioCubes.com - Japan's Best Kept Secrets, Delivered.

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #5 of 7
thanks wavoman, on AC Gear's website, it says that AD700 is online only though.
frown.gif
I'm hoping to get them while im in NYC, instead of ordering them online when im back in Canada...

but thanks for your info anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #6 of 7
Oh yeah, I forgot about AC gears ... it's probably because the brick and mortar store sucks.

I have no specific places as I was looking for Sennheisers when I did the random tour. They're all around and there's a huge one in Times Square (over by the M&M store. But like I said, I wasn't looking for AT headphones, but I did notice them being sold at a few places.

Dec 28, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #7 of 7
I may be wrong, but I swear I saw a set in Turntable Lab when I was in NYC around the 15th.

couldn't hurt to give them a call

Users who are viewing this thread

Back