Where are you getting your opamps?
Feb 24, 2010 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sinner6

100+ Head-Fier
Hey gang,

I have a couple amps that have rollable opamps. The units have audio-gd HDAM's installed right now, but I would be curious to try other options. If the units ever went up for sale, I would want to replace the stock part (Burr Brown OPA2134), and keep the HDAM. In searching for an opa2134 for sale I have not had any luck. Everyone has either a $250 minimum or surface mount parts (thats what soic means, correct?). I just want to get a couple opa2134's and possibly a list of other opamps that would be compatible with this part.

Thanks for any advice/assistance.

Feb 24, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinner6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey gang,

I have a couple amps that have rollable opamps. The units have audio-gd HDAM's installed right now, but I would be curious to try other options. If the units ever went up for sale, I would want to replace the stock part (Burr Brown OPA2134), and keep the HDAM. In searching for an opa2134 for sale I have not had any luck. Everyone has either a $250 minimum or surface mount parts (thats what soic means, correct?). I just want to get a couple opa2134's and possibly a list of other opamps that would be compatible with this part.

Thanks for any advice/assistance.

^ditto, always wanted to tru op amp rolling on my Lyrix amp/

Feb 24, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #3 of 4
you can get them so many places its not funny. mouser, digikey, farnell just to name a few. not all are availabl in DIP8 though and you may have to resign yourself to either a limeted choice or using browndog adapters for the SOIC8 parts. SOIC is the standard. far more parts are available in this package. any of the more modern opamps are available in SOIC, but DIP is far less common.

be careful to order the right package, not sure if the HDAM aree duals like the 2134, you may have to get 2 OPA134 instead (the single of the same chip) if you have 2 HDAMs, good chance they are singles

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #4 of 4
Ok, after doing alot of homework, I see that indeed SOIC is the standard. It just seems a lot tough soldering is involved. Can these be soldered by hand to a browndog adaptor without tremendous difficulty?

The HDAMS are stereo and are being used in the DAC output stage of and audio-gd Compass and FUN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back