Where are you from?
Nov 29, 2004 at 7:59 PM Post #61 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingmarwa
Iceland is for me clearly Europe. Me, as a Norwegian, can understand the written icelandic language partly, and the ties between Iceland and the Nordic countries is very, very strong. Iceland wasn't populated before norwegians emigrated there a long, long time ago. Greenland, I can agree is very hard to "categorize". The eskimoes are not really connected to Europe, nor to America. But officially & economically Greenland is very dependent on the Danish state; they wouldn't survive otherwise. And, I'm very aware of the geographical placement of Greenland. I, in fact, pondered about travelling there last year.

Yes, I agree and know how iceland is categorized. I went out with one long long time ago. Many pretty red and blondes on that little volcanic island.
I guess we settled iceland and mexico. How about Hawaii??? Poor hawaiians
wink.gif
My guess is they should belong to oceania/pacific.

Nov 29, 2004 at 9:10 PM Post #62 of 78
Iceland and Greenland are ever more confusing to me. Isn't it so that Iceland is grassy whereas Greenland is covered with ice? Now, that makes them both anomalous! I wonder who's responsible for such an obvious name swap. But I now see clearly that both belong in Europe. As far as Hawaii is concerned, I think it should be considered part of North America, just to keep things simple (though I know that's really stretching it).

580smile.gif

Nov 29, 2004 at 9:22 PM Post #64 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
confused? where the heck is Jersey and Guernsey on the global map?

I've heard of Jersey. An fiscal haven island on the Atlantic. At least one slimy Brazilian politician does his banking there.

580smile.gif

Nov 30, 2004 at 7:12 PM Post #68 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gariver
I am in a tropical paradise: Puerto Rico, The Enchanted Island!
biggrin.gif

To understand, come visit us...
http://www.gotopuertorico.com

San Juan is lovely! I did a cruise with my former fiancee based out of there soon after 911, and although we scheduled a couple of days before and after the cruise to check out Peurto Rico, it just wasn't enough time. I'd love to go back some day, but with a different woman!

Nov 30, 2004 at 11:37 PM Post #71 of 78
It's a tough poll to answer without multiple choices. I am from Charleston, SC. I have lived in Helsinki, Finland for the past 6 years and that isn't going to change anytime soon. And at any rate, Eastern Europe isn't even an option in the poll, so I don't know which to choose.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 1, 2004 at 12:42 AM Post #72 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
Welcome to head-fi. Sorry about your wallet.

thanks ...
basshead.gif

Dec 1, 2004 at 1:07 AM Post #73 of 78
Woodland Hills, California. Where far too many valley girls reside. Imagine girls wearing Ugg's and mini-skirts in 90 degree weather and you'll get an idea of how laughable this place can be.

Dec 1, 2004 at 3:42 AM Post #74 of 78
Isn't Greenland part of Canada?
biggrin.gif

Mexico is part of North America. I don't believe in Central America. If you are below the Panama Canal you are in South America, above it North America. Panama was in North America, but now is South America due to the US not owning the canal any longer.
biggrin.gif

North Ireland is not European. I refuse to believe my ancestors were European, they were IRISH, from county Antrim.
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2004 at 5:40 PM Post #75 of 78
As at the time of this post;

What the? There are still quite a number of people who haven't seen or are not participating in this thread!

I'm sure there are more than 9 Singaporeans, Indonesians, Malaysians etc... here in Head-Fi! Perhaps we need to wait until the weekend comes and more people log-on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back