Where are the best places to buy headphones?
May 22, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #16 of 21
I personally look for the best value I can find from a reliable vendor.

You're likely going to try a few to find your sound. And... if you've bought them right... you won't lose much on their resale if you buy them right.

So... in addition to the obvious sale sites (e.g. Headfi, Audiogon, and eBay)... I use Google searches, and Pricegrabber.com to find the best prices. You'll save big bucks.

PriceJapan.com is the best price for Japanese phones.

To buy new Grados at big discounts... you have to "know someone" who knows where to find them.

And... you can monitor AudioAdvisor.com for their demo deals.

Of course... if you're more comfortable in trying phones out with a vendor who offers a 30 day return policy - you need to stick with good vendors (e.g TTVJ, AudioAdvisor.com, and similar)... but you'll pay for that privilege.

As for me... I get the lowest price I can find for new, or like new phones.

May 22, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #17 of 21
Audio Cubes II -> Excellent customer service and fast shipping. PriceJapan have a bit lower prices, but they don't reply to emails. So they don't count for me...

Or buy used from other forum members, or eBay auctions.

May 22, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #18 of 21
Timely thread for me. I am looking for a pair of K701s. I like headphone.com, but their prices are higher.

Amazon sells them from a reseller, 8th st. music.

Waiting for quote from TTVJ

someone said northern sound (?) is pretty good

thoughts anyone?

Thanks,
P.K.

May 22, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #19 of 21
I've bought more than a few from fellow Head-Fi'ers, which is OK if you don't mind used cans.

Most everything else has been from TTVJ and HeadRoom. I prefer to deal with these guys, as I know that if something goes wrong (as it sometimes does) that it will be dealt with appropriately...even if it costs me a bit more (which it typically does, but not that much). I also come down in favor of supporting those who support this site.

I've had one experience with another vendor that was ridiculous...all I will say is that it was the one time that I tried a low-cost on-line provider, and they are a low cost provider for a reason.
rolleyes.gif

May 22, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #21 of 21
Besides buying from the FS forum and Audiocubes, I've also had excellent experience from Pricejapan and TTVJ. Wouldn't hesitate to do business with both of them again in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back