Where are the best places to buy headphones?
May 21, 2007 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

SpacemanSpiff23

100+ Head-Fier
I bought my Audio Technicas at audiocubes.com, and that sounds like the best place to buy Audio-Technica headphones.

Based on price and reliability, what are some good sites (or brick and mortar stores) to buy new headphones from other brands?

May 21, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 21
I try to purchase new items from Sponsors of Head-Fi as often as possible.

Some others can be found in the constant changing ad banner located @ top right corner of Head-Fi.
wink.gif

May 21, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #4 of 21
Amazon is pretty good. I think B&H Photo sells some nice headphones but they don't have the best prices. If your town has a local music shop it can be a good place to try out some headphones (although it definitely varies so you might have one that only carries Bose or something).

May 21, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #5 of 21
Price-wise, online. There are numerous e-tailers in the US that sell headphones for very reasonable prices.

However, in-store, you get to try before you buy. Unfortunately, for high-end audio equipment at, say Guitar Center in the US, you can't return anything.

I'd personally try in-store and buy online.

- lk

May 21, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 21
audiocubes - a sponsor is good.

Also as a prior poster said - pricejapan.

Honestly though if I were buying AT headphones I would buy from another head-fier-- since I live in the States and some of the A-T phones are rare in the states-- this way I do not wait as long or pay the extra price of Japan-US shipping.

May 21, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Alessandro web-site is a fun place to order from!
smily_headphones1.gif

Ditto!

(man, great statement!
biggrin.gif
)

May 21, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #10 of 21
TTVJ is my personal favorite. When you talk to Todd, you really feel like you're speaking with someone who cares about your purchase - mostly that you get it right the first time. He's very friendly and honest; he won't recommend you buy something just because it costs more than a similar product. It also doesn't hurt that his prices, especially for Grado's, are great, and the fact that he's a site sponsor.

May 22, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #15 of 21
I buy a lot of my stuff from Amazon since I have Amazon Prime. They have an alright selection of AKG, Sennheiser, Shure, and Koss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back