Where are all the old school head-fiers?
Feb 7, 2006 at 7:38 AM Post #31 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Old school to me is Headwize.

I don't believe I'm old enough to be old school.
biggrin.gif

LOL, very true.

-Ed

Feb 7, 2006 at 9:14 AM Post #33 of 109
This starts to get sentimental. Perhaps it is time to found a forum Category for Senior Forum Members:

[size=small]C.S.F.M.[/size] (membership on recommendation only)
tongue.gif

There you can spend time asking where your mates went, that times have been better and that the new members make H. Supr. way to fast these days without any substance in their posts.
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 10:49 AM Post #34 of 109
Feb 7, 2006 at 11:10 AM Post #35 of 109
i'm sure they're just lurking here from time to time. for me, life and circumstances got in the way of my gear collecting and online posting. but it's a breath of fresh air to look in and read about new stuff, see the new guys fight and drool over this and that, and see how the headphone world's revolving.

to add to the list of old school ears:

carlo
mcdef
trawlerman
sol_zen
kr...

m sure they now found a 'life'
very_evil_smiley.gif

have fun, guys. there's no such thing as old or new school, just old and new friends. we are all noobs at heart, to a greater or lesser degree.

Feb 7, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #37 of 109
what if youre too cool for school?

Feb 7, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #39 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpm2000
what if youre too cool for school?

Then you drop out and work at mcdonalds til you're 50.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #41 of 109
Good question PinkFloyd.
I've wondered about some of those folks myself.
Another guy I think about every so often is a guy named Peter from Amsterdam. I think it was Amsterdam. But, his screen name wasn't Peter, and I can't remember what his screen name was. Was it outdoor something?
I sure liked that guy.

I haven't seen grinch in a while. I bought my RS-1s from him a long time ago.

Feb 8, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #43 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
Good question PinkFloyd.
I've wondered about some of those folks myself.
Another guy I think about every so often is a guy named Peter from Amsterdam. I think it was Amsterdam. But, his screen name wasn't Peter, and I can't remember what his screen name was. Was it outdoor something?
I sure liked that guy.

Outdoorsman... I believe. He was a great guy to chat with. One of the funniest, nicest guys around.

IIRC he left because he didn't like the moderating in the Members Forum.

Feb 8, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #44 of 109
iirc grinch left once kelly left permanently. Audio&me is another guy that vanished, i'm sure many people don't miss him, lol. He used to really piss people off sometimes.

Headwize is old to me (circa 2000), I remember posting on there and reading up stuff on goodcans and the old, old, old headphone.com. Man, those were the days as I stared at pictures of the HD600's and hoped and dreamed of owning a pair one day.

Tubes were scary back then...
tongue.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #45 of 109
After a few years they started telling me I was getting old for pre-school. I got the feeling they didn't like my unshaven look much either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back