Where are all teh E2C/G owners?
Aug 10, 2007 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 25
When they discovered this site, they sold their E2C and they probably have E500, Triple.fi Pro or Customs right now.
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #6 of 25
I still have my E2c and I loved them, they where quite a step up from my Sennheiser MX550 earbuds I used to use. Unfortionately the cable broke after 4 months. I did recable my E2cs and after 3 months of everyday use the wire around the ear became stiff and the left driver broke. I first thought it was a bad cable, but recabeling didn't fix the problem. It seems most people upgrade once they find Head-Fi.
icon10.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #7 of 25
yeah...well i bought my e500's before i found this site, but yeah i had them, then had the e4c's, which are fantastic...i think they might be even better than the e500 due to the wire...but yeah...the e2c, cant go back to that..especially with the wax changing thing...forget about that..lol

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #8 of 25
High turn-over rate from premature cable failures. IMHO there are better options for the $$$. They were my first IEM though, and are a good entry into the hobby.

Aug 10, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #9 of 25
I used to have a pair. Gave them away to introduce someone to more hifi listening when i got my westones.

Aug 10, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When they discovered this site, they sold their E2C and they probably have E500

That's my story, mostly. I still have a pair of E2Cs (new, in unopened retail packaging after a Shure warranty claim), but I grabbed a great deal on some E500s, so those are what I use now.

Aug 11, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
High turn-over rate from premature cable failures. IMHO there are better options for the $$$. They were my first IEM though, and are a good entry into the hobby.

Yep, same with mines....
plainface.gif

Aug 11, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #14 of 25
I have a pair, and I still use them for when I need isolation - mostly on the bus to school and when I'm cutting the lawn. They don't get a lot of use besides that, though, because I greatly prefer my KSC-75 and my PK3 for portable listening. Lately, I've been pondering retiring them and getting a pair of FS Atrio M5, but I'm not sure if I want to spend any money on my portable rig - I'd rather focus on improving my home setup now.

Aug 11, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, now go ebay the E2Cs
very_evil_smiley.gif

Was going to do exactly that (and may do so yet), but then decided to hang on to them as back ups in case my E500s develop any cable issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back