Where a tree falls...
Jan 30, 2006 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

kwkarth

Electronics guys... we have our plusses and minuses. With advent of digital everything, we're being phased out
We has an interesting night last night. A tree from our back yard fell on our house. Fortunately no one was hurt.

Fallen Tree

Jan 30, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
Good to hear no one was hurt.

Yeah, thanks. Damage to the house looks to be minimal as well. We are very fortunate.

Jan 30, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #4 of 22
The first couple of pictures dont show the full effect, i think it sixth one really shows the full state of what happened. Pretty scary, nice house by the way.

Jan 30, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #5 of 22
Looks like fun and games there! are you going to use the wood from the tree for anything or just get it sawn up and dumped? It would be really cool if you could use the tree to repair any parts of the house that were damaged... recycling and self sufficiency all in one go!

Superb location for a house I bet you get all sorts of wild animals roaming about outside?

Mike.

Jan 30, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
It would be really cool if you could use the tree to repair any parts of the house that were damaged... recycling and self sufficiency all in one go!

I Think that is a really cool idea, kind of like punishing the tree "you made the mess now you sort it out."

Jan 30, 2006 at 6:48 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by xUKHCx
The first couple of pictures dont show the full effect, i think it sixth one really shows the full state of what happened. Pretty scary, nice house by the way.

Thanks, we like living here, but I guess every silver lining has a cloud.
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Looks like fun and games there! are you going to use the wood from the tree for anything or just get it sawn up and dumped? It would be really cool if you could use the tree to repair any parts of the house that were damaged... recycling and self sufficiency all in one go!

Superb location for a house I bet you get all sorts of wild animals roaming about outside?

Mike.

We have a couple of fireplaces, but it would take 100 years to burn all that wood up, so it's free for the taking! I'm going to have a few other trees thinned out before they fall as well.

Yup, lots of "critters" around here, including our own.
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #10 of 22
Getting too much rain there in Portland?
Glad that damage was minimal and no one was injured.

Hey, that hosting site is pretty cool. Nice slide show. I liked the controls they offer.

Jan 30, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #12 of 22
Glad you are ok! I say ship a piece of that tree to Larry up there and have him make some K3000s for you!
k1000smile.gif

Jan 30, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by sumone
Do you live in the woods? I'm a city boy....

so you're saying you don't know what woods look like? those brown and green things are called "trees", their not post-modern sculptures in case you were curious
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif

Jan 30, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #15 of 22
not to sidetrack your damage, but that's a lovely house. exaclty what i would like someday and the pacific northwest is where i'd like to end up myself. gorgeous place, absolutely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back