When your love-affair with a headphone ends
Mar 31, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #16 of 26
i wouldnt say it ends, just start looking for more like i did from my 80I, hence my purchase of the 225

Mar 31, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #17 of 26
I buy an new pair, for £11 and wonder why I got so excited about spending £180 on another.

Headphones are the cheapest part of hifi. Just keep buying more and the love will never die.

Mar 31, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by cck5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wouldnt say it ends, just start looking for more like i did from my 80I, hence my purchase of the 225

How do you like the upgrade?

I'm about to upgrade from my SR80i to SR225i soon. thanks.

Mar 31, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #19 of 26
I owned the SennHD-800 for a month and found their mid range addictive. It was not the right phone for me throughout the sound spectrum. My quest began to find something with revealing mids. Sold my Ed 9's for Ed 8's better midrange. Friday My t-1s arrived...wow... My 8's are now relegated for portable use

Mar 31, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't mean when the headphones expire, or when you upgrade from a base model to a reference model.....I mean that very sad day when you're listening to your beloved headphones and realize that you no longer dig the sound. Does this happen to you, and if so, what caused it if you can figure it out.

Sometimes the both of you just grow apart and you lose the spark you felt when you first met. Most of the time it is an amicable separation and sometimes all you need is some time apart to find each other again. I does not hurt to try headphone counciling, a third party to try and help you see things in the right light. Often people are just led astray. Squeeze warned us about being tempted by the fruit of another and England Dan and John Ford Coley mused about how sad it was to belong to something else when the right one comes along (i.e new HD800 owners being smitten by the T1). My Stax and I separated several months ago and they still have visiting rights but has not shown up since. I caught my Grado GS1000 in a compromising position with my best friend and have disowned both.

Hope this doesn't help.

Mar 31, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes the both of you just grow apart and you lose the spark you felt when you first met. Most of the time it is an amicable separation and sometimes all you need is some time apart to find each other again. I does not hurt to try headphone counciling, a third party to try and help you see things in the right light. Often people are just led astray. Squeeze warned us about being tempted by the fruit of another and England Dan and John Ford Coley mused about how sad it was to belong to something else when the right one comes along (i.e new HD800 owners being smitten by the T1). My Stax and I separated several months ago and they still have visiting rights but has not shown up since. I caught my Grado GS1000 in a compromising position with my best friend and have disowned both.

Hope this doesn't help.

Best post I've read since i joined headfi!

wicked mate
beerchug.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #22 of 26
I fell out of love with my HD650's and now I'm even more in love. It has all come back to it since I now understand them a lot more after listening to various other sonic signatures. I now realize that I far more appreciate a sonic balance that comes to me rather than one that comes at me. I have again rediscovered hours upon hours of listening without fatigue. It's no longer about the sound of the headphones, but simply the sound of the music. The K702's are similar but in a different way. I wish they were more comfortable.

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #23 of 26
It happened to me. I ended up selling almost all my cans and amps. Listened to speakers quite a lot. Now I'm looking to buy what I sold.
wink.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #26 of 26
It happened to me with the HD595 when I bought the HD650, and now the 595 get all their use from my sister, I used them very rarely after the upgrade. I thought the same was going to happen when I went from 650 to 800, but the 650 are much better with poor recordings thanks to their warmer and sweeter sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back