When you get bored.
Apr 27, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dude, what the hell did you just say?
blink.gif
that made no sense whatsoever.

He is reloading ammunition for his pistol.

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #17 of 28
I read internet forums...

Apr 28, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #18 of 28
The profession I pursued for thirty years became so stressful and fatuging, that I came to LOVE boredom. Give me downtime!

Laz

Apr 28, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The profession I pursued for thirty years became so stressful and fatuging, that I came to LOVE boredom. Give me downtime!

Laz

what's that? Tell me or I'ma just make another inappropriate Heinlein reference... :jumps up and down:

that's another thing. I read sci-fi when I get bored and there isn't internet access.

Apr 28, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's that? Tell me or I'ma just make another inappropriate Heinlein reference... :jumps up and down:

ANY Heinlein reference is inappropriate. Even my screen name here. OK, I'll tell it: I worked for thirty years in hospital/blood bank labs as a technician/technologist. The work is stressful enough, but the profession is filled with women I can only describe as castrating bitches. If I had to do it over, I would have driven a truck.

Laz

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

I go downstairs, turn on some music, and load ammo - when I "come to", I have several hundred remanufactured rounds for my pistols.

I don't reload, because I just know I'd double charge one when I wasn't paying attention. I can't pay attention to anything.

Apr 28, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #22 of 28
I did this when I was bored.
506937-70d_display.jpg

I might make it into a tee shirt soon (screen print). It would be placed on a dark grey shirt and printed with black or white ink down in the lower right hand corner (looking straight at the shirt...headband against the side and the cord going off across the shirt off into neverland possibly wraping around slightly into the back of the shirt .....

Apr 28, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #23 of 28
I don't really ever get bored when I have the internet. There are more than a billion sites in it... there's something interesting at any time.

That said, if I don't have the net, I don't usually draw because I seriously suck at drawing. I usually just get lost in my thoughts.

Apr 29, 2007 at 12:56 PM Post #26 of 28
I'm retired and the wife and I are raising four of the sloppiest grandkids you could possible imagine.

Absolutely no time to get bored!

Apr 29, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm retired and the wife and I are raising four of the sloppiest grandkids you could possible imagine.

Absolutely no time to get bored!

Four !!
eek.gif

I have only one child and it ain't easy. I'm too busy to be ever actually bored. I have more gear & music than I need and never get enough time with it...of course I could sit for 10 hours listening...and have
eggosmile.gif

Apr 29, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #28 of 28
When I'm felling the stress of technology, unlike the bombastic Mr. Kaczynski, I'll simply flip the main circuit breaker guarding my home: a 125 amp General Electric double pole beauty. It's a real "power trip" not allowing electrons access to your greedy appliances, but with no juice things can get a little quiet. I have a wooden chest full of chew toys to occupy those long, gnawing periods of ennui.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back