When using Shure IEMs - Whip Tip gives off the most treble
Aug 7, 2008 at 9:30 AM Post #3 of 6
^But tips can affect SQ IME, irrespective of seal/comfort...F'rexample, olives seem to reduce treble slightly, as do Comply. But this is a useless post for the OP, as I've no exp of SE tips outside of olives -I'd guess the silicon don't rob treble, but can't confirm.

ps -I'd love to hear a Whip Tip! Sounds classy!
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:42 AM Post #4 of 6
Hopefully I will be able to answer your question soon. Just got myself a fantastic deal of SE530 for $380 from a local authorized dealer as they are having an in house sale event. That is almost close to 2/3 of the usual local price
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #5 of 6
This actually could vary from person to person. I found that the silicon tips and particularly the soft flex sleeves provided the brightest sound with most treble but is also came with some unwanted siblance. Sounds very artificial and fatiguing after a while. I go with the foam olives which just seem to sound very natural and neutral throughout the whole sound spectrum.

Aug 8, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #6 of 6
Ive been using the Shure 530's for a while now and started with olive and started noticing the music sounding a bit lackluster and dry. I tried the yellow foamies and haven't changed back. I need more yellows now so I tried the olives again this morning and they just didn't compare. Yeah it's annoying to have to order 20 packs of yellow foamies but they do sound better IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back