When people say sony hybrids, what do they mean?
Feb 11, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #32 of 51
wait, so if you buy a pair of sony iems, the tips that come with them are considered hybrid?

Feb 11, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #34 of 51
I wouldn't bother if those tips work. When I got my TF10 the stock tips hurt my ear after I took the TF10 out and the sony hybrids give me a better seal, isolation and more comfortable. You should only get other tips if the ones you have don't seal well or sound horrible.

Just out of curiosity are the super fi tips the same as the triple fi?

Feb 11, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #35 of 51
I should be getting me RE0 in the mail sometime in the next week. I have never really had any problems that I know of with seal in the past. Should I pick up some hybrids based off sound alone? Or do some of the stock tips with the RE0 sound great? I am sure this varies from person to person but just curious.

Feb 11, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #36 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im wondering what are the differences between the sony hybrid and old mylarone stock tips. Im using the old mylarone stock tips with my triple fi now... would the sony hybrids be an improvement over the old mylar tips?

Not sure what model Crossroads Mylarone you have, but i'm guessing all the tips are the same. I had the x3i and bijou 3 and they had the same tips. The Sony is much softer than the mylar. Seal and comfort is much better on the Sony IMO than the mylar. If the mylar tips are uncomfortable or you can't get a proper seal, then the Sony would be good.

I have both the mylar tips and Sony tips and can take some pictures tonight if you want a visual comparison.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kshelton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should be getting me RE0 in the mail sometime in the next week. I have never really had any problems that I know of with seal in the past. Should I pick up some hybrids based off sound alone? Or do some of the stock tips with the RE0 sound great? I am sure this varies from person to person but just curious.

Another member, Hung0702, did a review here for the RE0 and used different tips. I let him have my smaller Sony tips recently and he likes them more than the stock tips and the ones in his review. The Sony is much softer and noticeably more comfortable. Not sure how the sound is affected since I have not listened to the two tips side by side.

Feb 11, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #37 of 51
I've used stock, decored olives and hybrids on the RE0. I liked the decored olives the best with it being a tie between the stock and hybrids. Judging from your signature you don't have any other iems? If that is the case it might be worth it to wait for them to come and then see if you like the stock tips or not. The stock tips were comfortable but I didnt like how the metal ring near the nozzle touching my ear so I went with olives which gave me the best isolation which is important to me.

Feb 11, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #39 of 51
Feb 11, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #40 of 51
I never liked any tip but foam until these things, whatever the silicone is mixed with must help somehow.

Amazon carries them, don't know if that helps in Europe.

Feb 11, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #41 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by AwakenedBeing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure what model Crossroads Mylarone you have, but i'm guessing all the tips are the same. I had the x3i and bijou 3 and they had the same tips. The Sony is much softer than the mylar. Seal and comfort is much better on the Sony IMO than the mylar. If the mylar tips are uncomfortable or you can't get a proper seal, then the Sony would be good.

I have both the mylar tips and Sony tips and can take some pictures tonight if you want a visual comparison.

Im not really sure which mylar model's tip im using but i think its the same, its from the bunch of woody2, lbi, bijou 2 tips that are mixed together i just pick them out lol. I do get a proper seal with the mylar, but sometimes its comfortable and i have to adjust it, just that im wondering would the sony tips be more comfortable and/or sound better?

and you need not take pictures for me to compare thanks anyway !
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #42 of 51
just bought the white sony hybrid tips and tried it. Its so comfortable! love using these tips already.

however im still thinking whether should i exchange the white to the black cause im not sure which 1 looks better with triplefi? any suggestions? these hybrids goes with my triple fi ><

Feb 13, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #44 of 51
lol when i hold these earphones, i keep looking at the tips. The white is darn striking lol.

But anyway i have decided on the white tips since they look *unique*
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #45 of 51
I just got some RE0s and I'm having trouble getting comfortable with any of the tips. This thread has me thinking about ordering some Sony hybrids from that eBay seller. Hope they work out, all of these stock tips make my ears sore or itchy pretty fast for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back