When people say sony hybrids, what do they mean?
Jun 19, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #16 of 51
shoot. BIG problem. I wanted to pick these up at bestbuy today because I'm leaving for camp on sunday morning. But they're backordered. and amazon can't deliver before monday. Any ideas? Do they sell them anywhere else? Or do any major retailers sell comply t-400s? Thanks

Jun 19, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #17 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by maraca2020 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shoot. BIG problem. I wanted to pick these up at bestbuy today because I'm leaving for camp on sunday morning. But they're backordered. and amazon can't deliver before monday. Any ideas? Do they sell them anywhere else? Or do any major retailers sell comply t-400s? Thanks

The regular Sony replacement tips will also work just to get by if you can find them. Don't know the model number. I inadvertently bought a set one time at an airport thinking they were the hybrids. Cost around $10.

Jun 19, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #18 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by az2123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do these change the sound characteristics of the Apple IEMs?

I just find them more a comfort issue than a SQ issue with the ADDIEMS, but they do seem to be a little bassier with the hybrids, maintaining their clarity and instrument separation. Right now, I am using the Comply T130 large with my ADDIEMs, and I like those too. Great seal, a little more bass (but extra $$$).

Dec 2, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #19 of 51
Hi. Are hybrids different from those that come with the Sony in ears? Are they called hybrids for some specific reason. I say this 'cause I got a set of spare tips coming from a now defunct Sony MDR-NX1 but they do not look "hybrid" in any aspect but the form factor.

From what I've read in the Sennheiser IE8 app. thread the Hybrids seem to be one of the best alternatives in terms of isolation. However I've found no major difference when tried the stock Sony's. Will it improve with these so called "hybrids"? Any other suggestions for the IE8's?

Much appreciated.

beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #20 of 51
The "hybrid" tips (EP-EX10) are softer on the outside, but the part that goes onto the phones are stiffer. This is meant to improve fit and keep the tips from detaching. The hybrids also have an updated contour, more pointy. The "core" of the hybrids are color-coded to indicate size (since there are a total of 7).

Before the hybrids came out, I believe the original Sony tip (EP-EX1) also went through an unannounced mid-life revision. When the S700/600 Walkmans came out, some people found the tip constantly detaching from the bundled noise-canceling buds. The replacement phones they get back from Sony feature different tips - a version with a thicker, stiffer core, but not to the hybrid's degree. This came from numerous Japanese blogs, discussion on 2ch.net and probably also mentioned on so-mo.net.

I bought an SE cell phone earlier this year, the tips are noticeably different when placed alongside the tips from my EX90s - the core is visibly thicker, and they isolate a tiny bit more when I wear them. This is probably the updated EP-EX1.

I just bought some hybrids for my IE8, and hopefully will receive them in a day's time.

Dec 2, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #22 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by righteousball /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The "hybrid" tips (EP-EX10) are softer on the outside, but the part that goes onto the phones are stiffer. This is meant to improve fit and keep the tips from detaching. The hybrids also have an updated contour, more pointy. The "core" of the hybrids are color-coded to indicate size (since there are a total of 7).

Before the hybrids came out, I believe the original Sony tip (EP-EX1) also went through an unannounced mid-life revision. When the S700/600 Walkmans came out, some people found the tip constantly detaching from the bundled noise-canceling buds. The replacement phones they get back from Sony feature different tips - a version with a thicker, stiffer core, but not to the hybrid's degree. This came from numerous Japanese blogs, discussion on 2ch.net and probably also mentioned on so-mo.net.

I bought an SE cell phone earlier this year, the tips are noticeably different when placed alongside the tips from my EX90s - the core is visibly thicker, and they isolate a tiny bit more when I wear them. This is probably the updated EP-EX1.

I just bought some hybrids for my IE8, and hopefully will receive them in a day's time.

Awaiting your input on that
wink_face.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #26 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorback /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which one is better for the cks70? hybrids or the complys??

Old question but the answer for me is Hybrid all the way.

Feb 11, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #27 of 51
How do the aftermarket Sonys - such as these - compare to the real ones? I'd rather buy a few of the same size rather than go with a authentic package with a few sizes that I know won't fit well.

Feb 11, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #28 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do the aftermarket Sonys - such as these - compare to the real ones? I'd rather buy a few of the same size rather than go with a authentic package with a few sizes that I know won't fit well.

The one linked is the older hybrids I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), which is not as soft as the packaged/real ones. I have both. The tips of four in the package will give you a better seal and comfort since it is softer. They are both the same size. I would pay a little more and get the pack of 4 instead.

Feb 11, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #29 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought the ones in your link and they work fine for me. Seal is much improved with these.

Feb 11, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #30 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Picture is worth a thousand words
wink_face.gif

attachment.php

Up: Sony Hybrid
Down: Old MylarOne stock

Im wondering what are the differences between the sony hybrid and old mylarone stock tips. Im using the old mylarone stock tips with my triple fi now... would the sony hybrids be an improvement over the old mylar tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back