When I connect my headphones through USB, the volume on my computer goes instantly to 100%
Aug 24, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 6
It's not a problem - it's a feature 
wink.gif

The volume control in Windows is digital, which is bad for the sound quality. Therefore when Windows detects an external sound device attached, it brings the volume level to 100% to pass the best quality signal. The assumption here is that you will control the volume on the external device. And so you should.

Is there any reason you can’t control the volume on the E10?

Aug 24, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 6
  It's not a problem - it's a feature 
wink.gif

The volume control in Windows is digital, which is bad for the sound quality. Therefore when Windows detects an external sound device attached, it brings the volume level to 100% to pass the best quality signal. The assumption here is that you will control the volume on the external device. And so you should.

Is there any reason you can’t control the volume on the E10?

Thank you for the reply. I was unaware that you get the best sound quality by playing at 100% on windows and controlling the volume with my FiiO. 

Thank you again.

Aug 24, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #6 of 6
  I was looking for the help section, and I thought this was it. I just noticed these were website questions. My apologies. This can be deleted if it's a nuisance.

I don't think anyone minds you posting your question here.
Posting in the right area though increases your chances of getting the reply you need.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back