When did this forum become DBT Free
Dec 22, 2003 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Tom M

500+ Head-Fier
It's a good Idea because it eliminates arguments and fights. I feel people are going to believe what they want no matter what evidence is placed before them. This is the basis for all bickering that occurs with DBT dicussions. I tend to lean to toward objective thinking rather than subjective. Audio IMHO is technology. It is the application of science. Many people in the hobby tend to treat audio like a religion. They believe something sounds better because, they simple believe it does. These people take a subjective view and audio becomes like a religion for them. This is something they have every right to do. It makes them happy and it's how they enjoy their music. But, is it accurate sound? Who knows?

Dec 22, 2003 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 8
You apparently treat "science" as a religion. The world was once flat.

Dec 22, 2003 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 8
New Debate-

Which sounds better- Science or Religion.

very_evil_smiley.gif

PS- Fred, the world is still flat. I looked this morning.

Dec 23, 2003 at 12:14 AM Post #5 of 8
DBT = Double Blind Test - A test where neither the person administering the test or the person being tested knows which case they are testing (In this case usually case = cable).

Dec 23, 2003 at 12:20 AM Post #6 of 8
Tom, I don't really understand your post. Are you for or agaisnt DBT?
confused.gif

I've seen arguments either way. With DBT testing, there seems to be more arguments because constructing a true DBT test is difficult. Without DBT, then you have the objective testers vs. the subjective. With DBT banned, then you have arguments on the subjective side. Really, you can't win. But, at least with DBT essentially banned, you limit the arguments to the subjective realm.

Dec 23, 2003 at 12:54 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by gpalmer
DBT = Double Blind Test - A test where neither the person administering the test or the person being tested knows which case they are testing (In this case usually case = cable).

Thanks again gpalmer. (but im confused about how DBT could not be a good thing & why would people fight. How does DBT fit in a forum?)

redface.gif
again

Dec 23, 2003 at 2:20 AM Post #8 of 8
As this is a DBT-free forum, the questions posed are not answerable here. I'm locking the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back