when burning-in a cable...
Sep 18, 2006 at 11:27 AM Post #16 of 18
For those that disagree with my statement have you done 'for real' blind tests.

Humanmedia EEs don't believe in anything - they use test data to evaluate. I belong to a forum where we are really lucky we have an electrical engineer with over 40 years experience. When I first got into building valve amps I could'nt accept his matter of fact answers, including most boutique components were a 'waste of money', likewise expensive, laced with 'snake oil' cables. Time and personal experience has taught me that he is right.

I should add that this man John Caswell helped to set up FM radio in South Africa/Radio Galicia (Spain) he finished his working career for a major US co. in London as their cheif engineer. Take a look at Rod Elliot's site ESP - if you have an open mind read all his numerous articles (they are very easy to take in) and you won't have to believe - you will have understood.

Stuart

Sep 18, 2006 at 12:02 PM Post #17 of 18
Stuart...

I understand your position. But I think you're wrong to think that «blind tests» are the sole serious medium for testing gear. Apart from the fact that they're not allowed to be discussed here, their results are sometimes downright ridiculous: Cables, CD players, DACs and amps all sound the same if you rely on the typical blind-test results.

As one who has once participated, I know exactly what's the problem with them: the chaotic pattern (of music samples) you have to deal with as a test person, often combined with unfamiliar gear -- which is the opposite of normal listening conditions. (Despite these and other unfavourable circumstances I've passed the one and only (headphone-)cable blind test I've participated with 75% right guesses, BTW.)

I know, that's not exactly on topic, but I just wanted to remind that blind tests aren't as well -- apart from the fact that they're not what many objectivists consider them to be: an objective test tool.

Sep 18, 2006 at 12:03 PM Post #18 of 18
"Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)"

Please notice and pay attention to the complete title of this forum.

Quote:

He didn't ask for a comments on whether burn in makes a difference, etc. He asked how to do it. Do we have to start this debate every time someone asks a simple question? Let's stick to the topic.

Exactly !! Please do not thread crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back