When Bruce Lee met Jackie Chan....
Jul 23, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #46 of 81
Thanks guys. barco went bye bye along with his spam.

Jul 23, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #47 of 81
Apparently some scamsters read some threads too before doing their arts.
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #48 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicdawg
Sovkiller, I have a clip of Bruce Lee sparring, if you want vindication of his skills. And if all your basis of a great martial artist is by the mass of his muscles, then that reveals how little you know about MA at all.

Muscles aren't everything, but it requires a pretty good chunk of skill to neutralize an opponent's physical advantage. It's not the be-all-end-all, but it's a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PATB
BTW, my favorite martial artists is Col. Jeff Cooper.

Bringing a gun to a fist fight?
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #49 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin
Muscles aren't everything, but it requires a pretty good chunk of skill to neutralize an opponent's physical advantage. It's not the be-all-end-all, but it's a lot.

I agree that superior muscle mass does give advantage in turns of absorbing blows. But I can tell you that some skinny guys can CRACK in boxing, if you know what I mean...

Jul 23, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #51 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by cazoo
whenever i hear someone bash bruce lee, its as if someone were to bash Jesse Owens for not winning more gold medals. there are some things more important about the man's contributions that you're just not looking at.

and yeah, he was the real deal. jeet kun do, anybody?

Haha, right here buddy! I'm about to start learning Jeet Kune Do soon here, and of course I've been a Bruce Lee fan forever. Of course there are others(and Chuck Norris kicks ass roundhouse style LOL
biggrin.gif
), but everybody else seems like a pretender to what the man did in his short lifetime.

600smile.gif
Abe

Jul 23, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #52 of 81
"the way of no way"
remember, this doesn't mean there are no rules. rather, it is a tao philosophy. what lee meant it you must be like water, and shape yourself to every situation, like water shapes itself to the container. but water also has great power.

Jul 23, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #53 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicDawg
I think I heard from somewhere that Jet Li is giving up making action (i.e. Kung Fu) movies, and is instead focusing more on his Buddhist study. What a loss.

Jet Lee is very much into Buddhism. For him neglecting that path would most likely be the loss, not the other way around.

Jul 23, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #54 of 81
I like Evan Kim in "A Fistful of Yen" quite a bit...
wink.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jul 23, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #55 of 81
Jul 23, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #56 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconP
Apart from Fearless, another widely-acclaimed martial arts movie in recent HK cinema is SPL, a modern day police-and-triad fare staring Samo Hung and Donnie Yen. But be warned that this film is surpremely brutal and gory.

Since you brought up SPL, anyone know who's the actor that fights Donnie Yen in the alley way is? He dressed in white and I think his naem was Jack. I'm guessing he's either a Taiwan or China actor since he speaks only/mostly Mandarin.

And yes, a very bloody and gory movie.
eek.gif

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #57 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
Since you brought up SPL, anyone know who's the actor that fights Donnie Yen in the alley way is? He dressed in white and I think his naem was Jack. I'm guessing he's either a Taiwan or China actor since he speaks only/mostly Mandarin.

And yes, a very bloody and gory movie.
eek.gif

Wikipedia says the guy's name is Jacky Wu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacky_Wu

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #58 of 81
AFAIK, jet li suffered some physical damages when saving his girl during a tsunami or something in a vacation, he is not fit to do all sorts of stun anymore and hence huo yuan jia would be his last martial arts movie.

Donnie Yen is also another very reputable true martial arts master, I believe he is the martial arts director/supervisor in many movies that has martial arts scene nowadays (i.e. Blade) *funny how he got owned so quickly in blade 2
tongue.gif

anybody who hasn't watched Ong Bak (thai movie) should get a hold of it somehow
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #59 of 81
Yeah, almost forgot about Tony Jaa... That guy's something too! When are his new movies coming out?

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:53 AM Post #60 of 81
Tom Yum Goong was excellent! Especally that scene where he snaps a billion arms, legs, and whatnot.. damn that's gotta be one for the recordbooks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back