What's your opinion on the V-Sonic GR02 (Bass & Flagship....which is better?)
Aug 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ReDDs3D

Head-Fier
Hi, somewhat new to these forums...

I needed some new portable iEM's since my vmoda vibe's are kinda just not doing it for me (scratchy mid's and annoying highs.....bass is thumpy and nice though)

I'm on a budget since well, I'm a student and I'm trying to spend the least amount of money as possible. I was doing some iem browsing on tmall/taobao since I'm living in Shanghai at the moment and I was thinking about getting some chinese brand iem's since 1. less likely to be fake (even if tmall is an authentic site, I just don't wanna take chances :p) 2.Value, good sound quality for a cheaper price (or so it seems to me....)

I looked on the internet (and on here as well) and appearently the V-Sonic GR02's are pretty good for the buck. So I'm wondering if I should pick up a pair....They are about $16 or so USD and I can get (with what google translate says...) the 'balanced edition' (which I'm guessing is the standard/flagship edition) or the 'low frequency edition' (which I am guessing is the bass edition.)

So what do you think about these iEM's? For the price? Compared to my Vmoda vibe's? 

Hell, should I abandon them all together?

Should I get the bass one or the standard? My library consists mostly of alternative rock, progressive rock, electronica, trip hop, post rock, art rock with a little bit of other genres as well (some rap, some pop, some RnB, classic rock and metal). Artists like Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Portishead, Mogwai, Flaming Lips, etc.

Thanks!

Aug 19, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #3 of 4
I have bothe the GR-02's that you mentioned and the low frequency or bass edition is not a very good iem at all.  I can't remember the price difference but if you wanted some bass, go with the GR-99.  I'm not saying I like it, but if I had to choose, I'd pick that over the GR-02 bass edition.  If you don't need that bass emphasis, then the standard GR-02 is pretty decent for the money.  I realize your budget constraints and while I am not a fan of the Vsonic products anymore, I must say, for the money, it's hard to beat.,

Aug 19, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #4 of 4
The Gr02 both balanced and low frequency edition are about 99 Rmb, or $16 USD, the gr99 is about 160rmb, so about 26 USD. They are both well in my budget, I just wanna choose a good one and fast. Any other iem recomendations are welcome....but could you keep it under say...$40 USD....

Sent from my HTC T328w using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back