What's your next purchase going to be?
Dec 6, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #16 of 26

Quote:
I'll probably wait until my b-day to upgrade.
I bet there'll be new stuff by then, but I'm planning on getting new headphones, amplifier and DAC.

I'll probably get a Hifiman HE-500, Violectric V200 amp and V800 DAC. I might get Beyerdynamic T1, RSA Darkstar amp and Violectric V800 DAC......Hopefully I'll get the latter =P

Hope you're eventually looking into an LCD-3 , K1000 (vintage) or HE-6!

T1 is pretty sensitive and able to be driven quite nicely out of many clean sounding mid range amps, Violectric being quite suitable.

300mW max power handling ~ bit lean for the likes of a monster amp like the Dark Star
 with a full 9 Watt potential if you ask me 
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #19 of 26

Quote:
 Hope you're eventually looking into an LCD-3 , K1000 (vintage) or HE-6!

T1 is pretty sensitive and able to be driven quite nicely out of many clean sounding mid range amps, Violectric being quite suitable.

300mW max power handling ~ bit lean for the likes of a monster amp like the Dark Star
 with a full 9 Watt potential if you ask me 
biggrin.gif

Yeah I was looking at those too =P The HE-6 especially.
I read a review of someone that owns both the T1 and HE-6. After he re-cabled them he said the T1 sounds more natural, exactly what I'm looking for......Maybe I'll end up buying both LOL.

I also need to get a proper portable gear.....I'm using some 1$ Samsung IEMs through an iPod Touch 4 D=

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #20 of 26

Quote:
Yeah I was looking at those too =P The HE-6 especially.
I read a review of someone that owns both the T1 and HE-6. After he re-cabled them he said the T1 sounds more natural, exactly what I'm looking for......Maybe I'll end up buying both LOL.

I also need to get a proper portable gear.....I'm using some 1$ Samsung IEMs through an iPod Touch 4 D=

Have a look at the new Furutech ADL Cruise ~ it's not hugely powerful but it's one the cleanest sounding portable
 amps I've heard. Black silent background and quite dynamic too. I preferred it to the ALO Continental Tube portable.

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #21 of 26
Oh, probably a JH13.  I am done with speakers and headphones (I think) but don't have good IEMs, just an old pair of Shure e3cs.

The JH13 I heard at CanJam was really nice.  And I love the idea of customs.  So I might just have to grab a pair.

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:14 AM Post #22 of 26
Valhalla - then a Bifrost

Dec 8, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #23 of 26
Selling my ROC to upgrade to the Audio-gd Master-6
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back