Whats your most exciting headphone purchase?
Jun 12, 2003 at 8:54 PM Post #31 of 35
Most Satisfy Headphones: Sony MDR-CD3000
First Love on Earphones: Sony MDR-E888
Most Satisfy Earphones: Sony MDR-E484
First Love on Headphones: Senn HD-580
Most Beautiful to look at: Audio Technica ATH-A100ti

Jun 12, 2003 at 9:19 PM Post #32 of 35
BEYERDYNAMIC DT 770 PRO

WEWT WEWT loving them to this day after about 6+ months of love
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2003 at 9:20 PM Post #33 of 35
all my eggos were exciting
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2003 at 9:30 PM Post #34 of 35
Getting the 990s with the porta corda II from Jan Meier was really great. Certainly the best sounding headphone purchase...followed by the er6.

But that mad dash to get the px200s was great. The local dept. store couldn't get them from the distributor, who haughtily told me how much better the HD600 is (I replied to the distributor that I agreed, but you couldn't use HD600s on a bus. I never got an answer).

So then Headroom announced they had a few, and I saw it a bit late, but I placed the order and sent the emails, but was told I'd missed the mark, only I hadn't - and to my surprise I got sent the tracking number.

And it was Christmas time and the Senn px200s were so sexy in their case - that was the most exciting purchase.

The local distributor has since gotten with the program and is actually distributing the px100,200,250 in a very limited fashion.

Jun 12, 2003 at 9:44 PM Post #35 of 35
elnero,

quite right.

but i was caught in the vortex. and i paid the price.

even when i was being accused of hyping the DT880, i tried to make it plainly known that one shouldn't get involved in hype. so no matter what i said, many took my enthusiasm as hype building. i firmly believe in constraint when purchasing headphones.

of course, this IS Head-Fi, so hype is our adreneline.
biggrin.gif

the HD700 is not even here, perhaps it is not even a blimp on the radar of the horizon, but I can feel the undercurrent tow building.
very_evil_smiley.gif

everything goes in cycles.

one week every other thread is on the DT880, then it switches to the CD3000, then over to the Grados, then cabling, over to another headphones...

now imagine how boring Head-Fi would be if everyone didn't fan the flames every now and then.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back