What's your foobar2000 setup?
Aug 27, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #80 of 527
that's not a background in foobar itself. it's just the transparency has been changed allow you to see the desktop wallpaper.

for default UI, look at file>preferences>advanced>display>default user interface> window transparency
for columns UI, look at file>preferences>dislay>columns UI.

also, that theme is available on deviant art here: http://fanco86.deviantart.com/art/Metro-163447843

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #81 of 527

Quote:

It's a ColumnsUI layout that i found on the internet, with some adjustments.

What i particularly like is the cover art preview in the bottom panel, makes me feel like i'm browsing my real vinyl or CD collection.

That is, what I'm looking for. Do you remember were you found it?

Be Well :)

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #83 of 527
that's not a background in foobar itself. it's just the transparency has been changed allow you to see the desktop wallpaper.

for default UI, look at file>preferences>advanced>display>default user interface> window transparency

also, that theme is available on deviant art here: http://fanco86.deviantart.com/art/Metro-163447843

It is possible to get a background in foobar2000 UI in another way.

1. Get Columns UI, if you don't have it yet.
2. Get the Panel Stack Splitter component (foo_uie_panel_splitter).
3. Replace all the current horizontal/vertical splitters with a Panel Stack Splitter panel.
4. Make sure that all the panels have one common parent. (not the base). i.e. A structure like this:
Base
>Panel stack splitter
->All the other panels/splitters
5. Go to the configuration of the splitters > behavior > Psuedo transparency. Check this option for all panels.
6. Configure the common parent from step 4 to have a background ( > behavior > Use Background image)
7. Enable psuedo transparency for all panels that support it.

If you do this right you can have a background in the UI. The only annoying thing is that not all panels support psuedo transparency, but for those who do this is an excellent solution.

On another note: is there a way for the Artwork Display component to cycle between album art and artist art?
Would be best if it supported multiple artist artworks and goes something like this:
Album art -> artist art 1 -> Album art -> artist art 2 -> album art -> artist art 3 -> etc.

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #84 of 527
Does anyone have a link to a tutorial on how to set foobar up using darkone? I downloaded everything on his deviantart and tried to follow the instructions and ended up with script errors everywhere and an unusable foobar.

Sep 16, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #85 of 527

Quote:

Nice. Thanks for this info. I'm going to try this this afternoon.

Sep 17, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #86 of 527
Here's mine.  Who says you can't have big album art to look at when playing on a pc setup, almost as big as a vinyl album cover.  I change the color scheme to match each album I'm playing also, I'm crazy like that.

Sep 17, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #87 of 527
Here's mine.  Who says you can't have big album art to look at when playing on a pc setup, almost as big as a vinyl album cover.  I change the color scheme to match each album I'm playing also, I'm crazy like that.

Your post made me realize how awesome a dynamic color scheme would be; one that changes according to the album you listen to.
Maybe user defined (add a tag with a color code), or something that analyzes the color of the album cover and changes according to that.

Both would be awesome :D

Sep 18, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #88 of 527

Users who are viewing this thread

Back