What's your foobar2000 setup?
Jun 23, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #452 of 527
  Can you show me a screenshot of your foobar with some korean/chinese songs?

I actually fixed it on my own! It was just that the ID3 tag of the songs were messed up. The song files themselves were named correctly and displayed correctly under Windows, but the song titles displayed as "???". So what I did was copy the correctly displayed symbols from the filenames of the Korean songs and then paste them into the "title" field and viola, it worked!

Here is a picture of my setup for reference: (Sorry for the tiny pic, my monitor is high resolution, so be sure to view the image in "original" size!)

- InsanityOne 
L3000.gif

Jul 2, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #455 of 527
Cleaned things up again. The farther I get into audio, the less I care about VU meters and any kind of visualizations. It's nice to know the sample rate, but otherwise I'm typically more interested in my hardware specs 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 6, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #456 of 527
  Cleaned things up again. The farther I get into audio, the less I care about VU meters and any kind of visualizations. It's nice to know the sample rate, but otherwise I'm typically more interested in my hardware specs 
tongue_smile.gif

Yeah I prefer just the album art as big as I can get it to appear (10 foot UI), then the artist and track info 

Jul 15, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #457 of 527
  Hi2all,

I have a Mojo which can process just about anything. The fact is that I listen mostly to 16-Bit-44KHz / 24bit-44KHz up to 24bit-96KHz. I haven't managed to investigate DSD so far.
  When I installed Foobar2000 on my Windows Notebooks (W7 & W10), I added the WASAPI component (running in "Event" mode) in order to insure a dedicated [audio] pipeline to the Mojo.
  I was pleased to see the Mojo react automatically to files of different sample rates - now I have the same freedom I have with my Android-based Smartphone + UAPP. However I was surprised to see that even with WASAPI, I have to manually set the Bit rate (aka "Output Data Format"). Is there any reason why Foobar2000 / WASAPI Component cannot determine this value automatically?
  The Mojo is capable of handling 32-bit depth but as noted above, I'm working with max 24 bits. So what should I set this variable to in Foobar2000? the max that Mojo can handle (32)? What does WASAPI do, pad the unused bits with zeros? Are we wasting any processing power on either side doing so?
  What a drag, I'd just assume have the SW handle both sample-rate and bit-depth on the fly... 
frown.gif

I'd also like to know what Mojo users are working with most - ASIO or WASAPI and why? Who serious is the issue of DPC Latency given today's powerful HW?
Thanks in advance for your feedback and 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Yeh today I added WASAPI and adding some silence at the beginning add-ons...

Jul 15, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #458 of 527
ASIO would handle the bit depth automatically for you. Latency is still a factor as WASAPI requires additional buffering stage. And believe it or not, to me it sounds different. 

If you want to stick to WASAPI then I'd recommend experimenting with 24 and 32-bit settings and choosing the one you prefer. If there's no difference then go for the 24 bit output. 

Jul 15, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #459 of 527
Here is the latest incarnation of my theme. Removed more clutter, unnecessary visual buttons (I use hotkeys for everything) etc. Spent a considerable amount of time migrating everything from pre-1.x to the latest version of Foobar so i'm running that now. Added SACD component for .DSF / .DFF files, I only have two albums in this format but it's nice being able to decode them natively and have the software downmix to PCM. Also using the WASAPI component. I don't have an external DAC (for now) so my interest in this was circumventing the built-in volume normalization present in Windows' DirectSound driver, it was causing issues with ReplayGain.

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #461 of 527
  Here is the latest incarnation of my theme. Removed more clutter, unnecessary visual buttons (I use hotkeys for everything) etc. Spent a considerable amount of time migrating everything from pre-1.x to the latest version of Foobar so i'm running that now. Added SACD component for .DSF / .DFF files, I only have two albums in this format but it's nice being able to decode them natively and have the software downmix to PCM. Also using the WASAPI component. I don't have an external DAC (for now) so my interest in this was circumventing the built-in volume normalization present in Windows' DirectSound driver, it was causing issues with ReplayGain.

Is it possible for you to share your setup sir?

Sep 5, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #463 of 527
Ported my setup (but not my music yet) to W10.  Columns UI + NG Playlist.

• Panels for playlists, album art, queue, lyrics are toggle-able via keyboard.  I usually keep em hidden.
• Ratings with Alt+number, and favorites
• Waveform seekbar
• Taskbar icon with playback status overlay that fills with track progress
• Taskbar mini player

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #465 of 527
I recently migrated to MusicBee, and I have to say the UI is breathtakingly beautiful and yet, simultaneously intuitive and functional...

edit: Originally looking for something else as I can't find a single foobar theme which works well with 4K resolution, and MusicBee works like charm with 4K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back