What's your foobar2000 setup?
Dec 12, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #316 of 527
  Some of the screenshots in here is amazing, i'm stuck with the classic look for now.

There are many self installing foobar2k packages that look really good, with clear instructions for setting it up initially.  DarkOne skins are all pretty easy to install and are pretty popular with everyone here, including myself.

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #319 of 527
This is how mine looks now after installing Darkone 4.0 - It's taking a lot to get used to. I'm still very new to Foobar.

Dec 14, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #320 of 527
I've only just got into F2K, and I'm not entirely sure I've got the skill to set iu up 'properly', but there are some aspects of it that do interest me (playing around with TB Isone for one).

I've installed Darkone and like it a lot. But. I'm not that interested in having album art and such on display. I'd like an interface with a good search function that instead of the album art just has the artist name presented in a nice clear 'box' - does that make sense? If it does, do you folks know anything suitable?

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #322 of 527
Didn't feel like creating a new thread for it, but I just upgraded from 1.2.2 to 1.3 Beta 7 and noticing the 1.3 has a more laid-back sound? The vocals are slightly less in your face and it behaves actually better in terms of "limiting" vol levels if using my custom dolby headphone config, the newer version fares slightly better when playing brickwalled recordings but then again I do prefer the forwardness of 1.2.2. 

It's not a huge difference by any means no but it's a difference and I hate hearing it. xD

EDIT: wait, could also be due to newer version of WASAPI... 
EDIT2: Looks more like a case of foobar2000 player itself, after comparing Directsound vs Directsound.

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #325 of 527
Nice skin, imamuppet.  Looks good full screened.

Dec 18, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #326 of 527
  Didn't feel like creating a new thread for it, but I just upgraded from 1.2.2 to 1.3 Beta 7 and noticing the 1.3 has a more laid-back sound? The vocals are slightly less in your face and it behaves actually better in terms of "limiting" vol levels if using my custom dolby headphone config, the newer version fares slightly better when playing brickwalled recordings but then again I do prefer the forwardness of 1.2.2. 

It's not a huge difference by any means no but it's a difference and I hate hearing it. xD

EDIT: wait, could also be due to newer version of WASAPI... 
EDIT2: Looks more like a case of foobar2000 player itself, after comparing Directsound vs Directsound.

I thought I noticed that as well when I updated my Xonar drivers to unified and also foobar to 1.3.... Not sure if I was imagining it or if its actually different... Sort of slightly more laid back sounding.

Dec 18, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #327 of 527

I thought I noticed that as well when I updated my Xonar drivers to unified and also foobar to 1.3.... Not sure if I was imagining it or if its actually different... Sort of slightly more laid back sounding.

It's not that I think it sounds worse, I kinda like what I hear as improved "brickwall recordings playback" (less clipping heard especially with bass, especially when using plugins and what not which can make the signal louder) but my preferences tend to lean towards a forward / aggressive sound.

I would also say it has a more speaker-like soundstaging compared to more traditional closed in soundstaging in older versions. I kinda like that soundstage perception change but at the same time I would like the vocals to be equally much in your face as on v1.2.x.

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #328 of 527
I thought it sounded smoother treble and also sounds like it is normalised slightly... Like if you put on night mode / normalisation on a AV reciever, maybe I was just imagining it, I forgot about it until I read your post. Not sure why it would affect the sound by updating to unified drivers or foobar 1.3, I don't think it should make any difference.... But I did notice what you said as well.

Jan 31, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #330 of 527
Without doing any scripting, the only way I know it to be possible is if you use the Panel Stack Splitter component in ColumnsUI (foo_uie_panel_splitter).

If you replace all your regular spitters with Panel Stack Splitters then you can add a background. I have done this, and the results are decent, but you will find that some components will not support a semi-transparent background.

This is an old picture of my configuration when I tried this:
While I miss the background feature, I otherwise think that default UI is better than ColumnsUI, so I don't use this anymore. As such I also forgot how to make it work exactly, but a quick google should do it.

Hi Tilpo,

I have several questions concerning foobar theme GUI setup etc.
i like the look of your interface; I'm new to foobar2000 and am comfortable with changing parameters etc.
I'm interrested to know what is your configuration:

1. Your playlist view what is it? Is it ESPlaylist or is it SimPlaylist?

With ESPlaylist i don't manage to get the little arrow in the Playing column for the file currently being played.
While in SimPlaylist it is there. And I see in your above image it is there too. So is it SimPlaylist ?
On the other hand, you have a search bar on botton which looks like the ESPlaylist search bar.. so i'm confused.  Could you please tell me what do you use and how in a few words?

2. As fore the lyrics (i saw that on another screenshot of yours) you advise using two components , one for getting the lyrics in a tag and the other one for displaying text.
but i see that there is one a specific component on foobar website called LyricShowPanel 3.
Any advantage/disadvantage on one method comparing to the other?

3. A lot fo components are being discussed but the foobar website does not have them all listed in the components section. Why is it so ?

4. I'd like to have component for queing. In a few words i'd like it to contain the currently playing track and i'd like to be able to easily add tracks at the end of the queue, remove some tracks etc.
What method do you advise?

5. For browsing the computer file system what do you use?

6. I saw on one of your screenshots you have a component showing basic info for the current track. How do you do that? Actually i'd just liek to have a clear and not too big thong showing artist, album and title. plus time elpsed and total length. that it i think, maybe codec too..

Feel free to reply to any of those or all :) 

Be well :)

Adrien

Users who are viewing this thread

Back