What's your foobar2000 setup?
Jun 7, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #17 of 527
I gotta find out.
How do you set up a rating system on foobar? Like a proper star system a la Windows Media Player? If it's possible it would make F2K surely perfect. I've tried again and again and it just doesn't seem t work. If you can provide components and simplish instructions that would be really helpful.

I'll post my set up later, i'm still getting it set up cuz i migrated to another computer.

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #18 of 527

Quote:
I gotta find out.
How do you set up a rating system on foobar? Like a proper star system a la Windows Media Player? If it's possible it would make F2K surely perfect. I've tried again and again and it just doesn't seem t work. If you can provide components and simplish instructions that would be really helpful.

I'll post my set up later, i'm still getting it set up cuz i migrated to another computer.

http://winamp2foobar.blogspot.com/2008/09/rating.html

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #19 of 527
My roommate just adds an extra metadata field to his songs and rates them on a 1-100 scale.

(I find that to be mathematically unbalanced, since, according to him, he'd never listen to/own any songs that he would rate < 50, which totally skews his statistics...)

-- Griffinhart

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #21 of 527

Quote:
I gotta find out.

You might want to check out foo_playcount.  Keeps track of when each file was added to the library, how many times it has been played, when it was last played, and a 5 star rating system.  http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_playcount

Jun 10, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #22 of 527
foobar4df2b9027da6f.png

just updated my setup! :D

Jun 10, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #23 of 527
I've always thought about doing lyrics, but then I'd have to go and look for lyrics for my songs, and that sounds like work. D:

Though, seeing all these layouts with a waveform seek bar... going to add that to my setup. :D

-- Griffinhart

Jun 10, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #24 of 527

Quote:
I've always thought about doing lyrics, but then I'd have to go and look for lyrics for my songs, and that sounds like work. D:

Though, seeing all these layouts with a waveform seek bar... going to add that to my setup. :D

-- Griffinhart

Not sure how accelerated waveform plugins have been evolving lately, but when I last checked them, months ago, they weren't optimized enough and used more system resources than they actually required. But it certainly is a nifty thing :)

Jun 10, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #26 of 527

Quote:
f2k's holding stable at under 180MB of RAM for me, so I'd say that's no big deal.

Firefox, on the other hand, is leaking up to 2GB again...

-- Griffinhart

First of all, that a ton of RAM being used for foobar
basshead.gif
Mine uses less than half of that but, truth be told, I focus very little on UI features (that seem to consume more resources than they should) and a lot on components and VSTs, which are more CPU than RAM intensive.

Second, Firefox 4 leaks more RAM due to addon developers not having optimized their FF4 versions, and I mean haven't optimized at all. I was forced to disable several addons in order to close a severe memory leak that ended up using all available memory.
A very good reference guide on current state of addons is this: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/performance/

Jun 11, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #27 of 527
Yeah, I'm told I run a pretty heavy f2k setup, but I actually don't run all that much visualization stuff (though, I do have the shpeck component installed, if not currently in use...)

-- Griffinhart

Jun 11, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #28 of 527
Oh, I wasn't even talking about shpeck, which isn't RAM intensive, but CPU and GPU intensive. You'll see what I mean when you start using the waveform bar (assuming the plugins are in a similar state).

Jun 11, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #29 of 527
Another DarkOne user here.

If you couldn't tell, album art is important to me. I have a 28 inch monitor. Also, I have yet to update the album art of this to a better scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back