What's your favorite www radio / Stream site?
Sep 18, 2007 at 11:56 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by meusickfrek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For a great recording see animal liberation orchestra 2-24-07, you can search by date.

Man, that's awsome quality.
I've always kinda avoided a lot of live recordings due to excessive crowd noise, and just generally poor sound.
I haven't really browsed archive.org lately, but if there's a way to browse audio by source (soundboard, micstand, etc), that would be great.

Sep 18, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #18 of 29
WWW.DI.FM

It's in my sig.

Definately worth going premium (the free 96kbps just sounds silly), although some stations are of lower quality than others (Hard Core and Techno sound awful). My favourite station is Classic Electronica. I've been ripping it 24/7 (google "streamripper") for many months now
wink.gif

EDIT: Other good stations are: Lounge (some very rare tracks in rotation), Solo Piano and Piano Jazz (well, if you like piano...)

Sep 20, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WWW.DI.FM

It's in my sig.

Definately worth going premium (the free 96kbps just sounds silly), although some stations are of lower quality than others (Hard Core and Techno sound awful). My favourite station is Classic Electronica. I've been ripping it 24/7 (google "streamripper") for many months now
wink.gif

EDIT: Other good stations are: Lounge (some very rare tracks in rotation), Solo Piano and Piano Jazz (well, if you like piano...)

Just HOW good is it really?
Honestly, I'd love to hear more bout it.
It is kind of expensive (I'm a college student), but I remember back when I use to actually be able to connect to DI, I always enjoyed listening. Now it just seems I can never get a good connection to the public servers.

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jconly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just HOW good is it really?
Honestly, I'd love to hear more bout it.
It is kind of expensive (I'm a college student), but I remember back when I use to actually be able to connect to DI, I always enjoyed listening. Now it just seems I can never get a good connection to the public servers.

There should be a sample premium stream available on their site, as well as a $2 2 day premium pass for 'test driving'
cool.gif

They should bump up their free AAC+ stream though, there's no way a 24K AAC+ can compete with 96K MP3 in terms of quality
cool.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #22 of 29
Wow...I'm srprised nobody said 1club.fm

Thata station is absolutely AWESOME for electronic, freestyle, breakbeat and other things...definitly worth a listen...they have a TON of stations...

Sep 24, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #23 of 29
Sep 24, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by zkn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DnB

Basso

Thanks. I'm checking out Basso right now, and find the sound quality to be really good.

Here's what I've listened to in the past:

somafm.com for ambient/downtempo(groove salad)

streamingsoundtracks.com for classical songs off OSTs.

DI.fm for lounge and drum and bass.

And lately, www.drumandbass.fr for more drum and bass.

Good stuff, very helpful thread
tongue.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We all were in agreement however that www-streaming audio broadcasts are many times poor audio quality (that certainly is the case with my local FM stations).

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm hooked on Pandora, although sometimes I think they EQ some of the tunes... or do something to make the bass more prominent, and the sound "warmer".
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

The above statements are not entirely incongruent but what happened to the FM tuner idea? (rhetorical)
On topic:
http://www.danceandsoul.com/news.html
My 4g iPod is packed (35gb/40gb) with this stuff.

I just started exploring: http://www.radiopellenera.com/index_eng.html

Also in Sunday's press there were articles on the Pandora home-boys (Oakland-based).
http://www.contracostatimes.com/sear...nclick_check=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back